The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The movie thread

How could anyone Not laugh at Shaun of The Dead?!  Such a light hearted take at the genre. what was thought of Dawn of The Dead, or 28 Days later? 28 Weeks later? I love the more realistic approach of the ‘rage’ virus.  I suspect some of you wouldn’t survive a Zombie Apocalypse hmmm

I liked Black Sheep!!!!!  LOL

If I was ever caught in a Zombie Sheep Apocalypse in NZ, then all would be sweet for Mizu!!!!!

Black sheep had me in tears!

Two movies I highly recommend are “Kill The Irishman” - a film about the true story of Cleveland mafia wars in the 1970s. So many big name actors and an awesome story. My fav movie of the year.

The other is “Hesher” which is a very unique comedy that as a deep story with it too. A dark comedy, but again i highly recommend it

I’m a little out of date, cant remember the last time I watched an entire movie… saw the latest Transformers at the cinemas and watched 10mins of Charlie & Boots on fri night before passing out on the couch

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 03 October 2011 08:52 AM

Black sheep had me in tears!

Two movies I highly recommend are “Kill The Irishman” - a film about the true story of Cleveland mafia wars in the 1970s. So many big name actors and an awesome story. My fav movie of the year.

The other is “Hesher” which is a very unique comedy that as a deep story with it too. A dark comedy, but again i highly recommend it

Considering how much time you’ve had to watch movies lately we better take your recommendations seriously!!

Haha I watch a lot of movies Anyway! Every wen we hire more. And always ones that aren’t common but end up being rippers

I watched Paul and Insidious last night!
Paul is pretty funny but Seth Rogans voice doesn’t suit the alien haha. Insidious was good too, I love horror movies anyone got any good ones? My mate had his eyes closed for like half the movie…SOFT! raspberry

Haven’t seen if yet but will this week. Silent hill is one of my fav horrors, it’s an adventure horror Tho. Watched hunger yesterday and that was not bad, dragged on a bit. Paranormal activity two is good. Has u seen Quarantine? It’s not bad but it is the american version of a Spanish film. The Spanish one called Rec. is much scarier I found cos it’s in Spanish and watching n reading subtitles mad it seem more real for some reason. Quarantine2 is out now and gonna watch it this week also

Wanted to get Kill The Irishman but was all rented out-  we ended up laughed at Paul instead heehee

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 03 October 2011 11:18 AM

The Spanish one called Rec. is much scarier I found cos it’s in Spanish and watching n reading subtitles mad it seem more real for some reason.

And we all know why that version scared you the most!!!!!!  LOL

Mizu Kuma - 03 October 2011 10:26 PM

The Spanish one called Rec. is much scarier I found cos it’s in Spanish and watching n reading subtitles mad it seem more real for some reason.

hahahahaha… nicely done Mizu!

I watched an entire movie this morning… Aladdin cheese

just downloaded about 50 gigs worth of movies/tv so i have a fair few hours of tv time ahead of me.

Really looking forward to Horrbile Bosses

Mizu Kuma - 03 October 2011 10:26 PM

bahahahahahah LOL gold

Last night we watched Cop Out with Bruce Willis. Pretty silly but still funny at times, typical plot. Wouldn’t watch it again. Only watch it if you feel like watching a stupid movie. 5/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1385867/

just watched “Source Code” last nyt, pretty spun out psychological-thriller wit a cool twist
3.5 stars
Also don’t watch the new Jet Li Movie The Sorcerer and the white Snake, its complete rubbish
0 stars