The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Win a Double Pass to The Art of Flight Premiere(s)

(Canberra Screening)

In 1996 I found Snowboarding and it changed my life, opening doors to adventures I never would have thought possible. With slot machine winnings I dropped everything and moved to Colorado in 99, and immersed in a culture I knew would always be part of my life. 

In early 2000 I saw Travis Rice take first place in a big air competition in Breckenridge, it was awesome!!  I’ve followed his exploits since, and since the teaser trailer of Art of Flight last February it’s felt like years of waiting for a film as epic, perhaps better than That’s it, That’s All (my all time fav).  To have a chance to meet the guy, I’d have mates around the world so jealous it wouldn’t be funny..
What do you say to someone like that? 

I’d give him a Boardworld Sticker for sure shaka

Travis Rice !
The name it self fills my imagination with epic snow peaks being ultimately tame by a Demigod that no culture has fully experience before.
I have witness a great amount of individual supremacy over the last 40 years. Among these great names are Kelly Slater, Randy Couture and Shane Warne.
This time I have the privilege to witness a Demigod that is pushing the boundaries of the impossible. 
The Art of Flight without Travis Rice would be another snowboarding flick to watch while waiting out the bad weather. But with the Demigod! it’s a cultural achieve for snowboarding history!
This is why I will go to Canberra to see this Epic, even if I don’t win the tickets.

++SYDNEY SCREENING YEEAAAH!++

I’m addicted to the snow, and like any good addict I’m always in search of my next hit.

The ultimate hit would be to meet one of my snowboarding heroes, Travis Rice. To be in his presence would be enough, I have so much respect for this guy. To have the chance to pick his brain about his most gnarly and most rewarding moments would be a massive high. To share this with fellow addicts at the premiere of “The Art of Flight” would be the cherry on top of the cake.

I have had many terrible lows (injuries both pyshical and psychological) at the snow but I keep coming back for more because that feeling you get when you strap in, point your nose down the mountain and start to feel the speed pick up and the crisp mountain air rush by you… there’s no comparison.

My mate and I would be stoked to go to the Sydney premier of “The Art of Flight” as we could learn much from the stars of this film for you see, in the words of Wesley Snipes, “White men can’t jump!”, well at least we can’t. Despite many years of snowboarding we still remain relative prisoners of gravity, unable to take flight. Such is our plight, we are known collectively as Team Emu as we are both tall, skinny and flightless. For these reasons we feel that being in the presence of Travis Rice at the premiere might allow some of his magic to rub off and we too will learn the art of flight.

Ash

Tough comp for the illiterate:-

Travis - Good
Snowboarding - Good
Redbull - Good

Please send me to the Sydney prem and help me learn visually.

Cheers

This contest is now officially closed. We will be announcing the winners shortly. Thank you for entering.

CANBERRA WINNERS

Red Bull were kind enough to give us an extra double pass for the Canberra premiere. snowdragon and johnoT took one for the team and said they will share one of the double passes. This means all the Canberra entrants are winners!

A double pass for:

Blizzard_22 +1
Parkway Josh +1
johnoT / snowdragon (to share)

Please send an email to promo(at)boardworld.com.au with your full name and full name of your friend/partner. Your names will be added to the guest list and we will email you back with details. Please make sure you take ID with you.

We will be announcing the Sydney winners soon.

rocker  rocker  rocker

Congrats guys!!!!!

Make sure ya take pics and give us a speil on the nights event when ya’s get back!!!!!!  shaka

AHHHHHHH!!!!!
No way that is totally pimp!
Thanks to Boardworld for the opportunity to enter.
Well done Blizzard, johnoT and Snowdragon!
i’ll see you there.

YEEEWWWW!

STOKED!!! shaka will be awesome to have a good Boardworld representation at the event too!!! WOOT!!!

congrats to the Canberra winners, have a great night out grin

SYDNEY WINNERS

Congratulations finney and AshStix. You will both be receiving a double pass for the Sydney premiere and after party.

Please email your full name and full name of your friend/partner to promo(at)boardworld.com.au

We will add your names to the guest list and send you further details.

I’m so seriously stoked you can not believe! Thanks so much BW!!! :D

Well done finney and Ash!!!!!!  shaka