The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Win a Double Pass to The Art of Flight Premiere(s)

The Art of Flight defines the future of snowboarding and action sports films for years to come…

Red Bull has given us two double passes for each premiere (Sydney and Canberra). That’s eight tickets in total. This is a strictly invite only event and you will be hanging out with Travis Rice himself. These premieres are going to be huge! Watch the official trailer here.

If you don’t win a ticket, The Art of Flight is going to be screening in cinemas from October 13th, 2011. One of the most anticipated snowboarding films of all time, The Art of Flight must be seen on the big screen! For a full list of cinemas and to pre-book tickets, please click here. Sessions are limited so make sure you get in early and pre-book your tickets.

CANBERRA PREMIERE:

Date: Monday, October 10th, 2011.
Time: Signing with Travis Rice from 6:30pm, film commences at 7:30pm
Strictly invite only

SYDNEY PREMIERE:

Date: Tuesday, October 11th, 2011.
Time: Guest check-in from 6:30pm, film commences at 7:30pm
Strictly invite only

HOW TO WIN TICKETS:

Tell us in 150 words or less why you and a friend should be attending The Art of Flight premiere.

Please also tell us which premiere you want to attend (Sydney or Canberra). Without this information we can’t consider you for the tickets.

The two best answers for each city will win a double pass for you and a friend.

This contest closes at 2:00pm on Friday, October 7th, 2011 (AEST). Please make sure you get in your entries before then. We will not be accepting late entries under any circumstances. The winners will be announced in this thread at 6:00pm on the same day and all decisions are final. Good luck to you all!

I would like to win tickets for a friend and I to go to the premiere of the Art of Flight in Canberra for a couple of reasons.

One, things like this NEVER happen in Canberra so big ups for the effort to come here! The second reason being we could rock some Boardworld gear and plug the site grin

Weather it was me and my fiancé or my bro, none of us have never seen any sort of Snowboarding let alone any extreme sport on the big screen. What an awesome first showing the Art of Flight would be!

Boxy you rock for giving us the opportunity to make it to such an event!!!

—————-Sydney—————-

Quick story - When we were in NZ last year on the Haka tour, we were heading up to Coronet Peaks. In the morning when we jumped on the bus, the tour leader had a mate come on for a lift. They introduced him as Travis Rice. I was late to the bus and missed the whole speech etc but everyone proceeded to tell me when I got on.

I had a quick look at him, and this guy had dreads (Now at the time, I had just seen That’s it, That’s all and I knew he had short hair in that) so I was skeptical at best but I thought I’d play along then we got off the bus and he grabbed a Burton board so I knew straight away (as T-Rice rides for Lib, he has a pro model board…).

So we got back on the bus in the arvo and the team leader told everyone and people were disappointed and I just laughed…

Hence you should pick me so I can meet the REAL Travis Rice and buy that dude a Beer smile

Boxy if it closes on Friday how are Canberra peeps gonna get tickets in time for the Canberra premiere!?

————————SIDENEEE————————-

Because it would be the only way to get someone to go out with me!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 29 September 2011 07:38 AM

————————SIDENEEE————————-

Because it would be the only way to get someone to go out with me!!!!!

Mizu FTW!!!

Sydney.

I was planning on spending the 2011/12 winter in Jackson Hole, but I blew my knee out this winter (2.5 weeks post op, woo!) and I won’t be fit until next May-June next year. It’d be nice to be able to go to the premiere and meet T.Rice himself, seeing as though I won’t be able to line up for the JH tram this northern winter.

Whoa, I just realised I registered 2 years ago. I should probably lurk a lot less than I do.

Sydney

i got T. Rice’s board at home; i just want to tell Travis himself that his board is in the safe hands (he’s probably worried, thinking where he left it)

Dolph - 29 September 2011 10:31 AM

Sydney

i got T. Rice’s board at home; i just want to tell Travis himself that his board is in the safe hands (he’s probably worried, thinking where he left it)

You probably just wanna punch the livin crap outta him, Dolph!!!!!! Just like ya did to Rocky!!!!!!

Hey I just realized that me and Mrs Mizu are in Sydney on the 10,11,12th!!!!!!  LOL

Are you gonna be up there Jez???? We’ll have to meet up for some drinks!!!!!

FFS Just give me some! wink

ohh yeah to Sydanee :p

blizzard_22 - 29 September 2011 07:18 AM

Boxy if it closes on Friday how are Canberra peeps gonna get tickets in time for the Canberra premiere!?

The winner’s names will be added to the guest list by Red Bull. You won’t actually need tickets.

Sydney!!

Cause I wanna do a shoey with Travis rice!! I think he will b down 2 do one!!

Sydney-

This one time, at band camp….. i met travis rice.

-i wish to remind him of the good days-

Send me and Finney!

Canberra Showing.

There are many reasons i can think of why Ali and I should attend The Art of Flight. But none so important than to have the chance to meet a truly inspirational, motivating and all round Rad snowboarding icon, Travis Rice! The man embodies everything that is snowboarding. And without snowboarding, myself and many others would be worse off.
One other point is that if i can get the chance to meet Travis I can ask him if he can come to the next BW Shred In Perisher!!!

P.S F**K Yeah!

I have a dream… that one day not two weeks from now I will attend the Art Of Flight premiere in Sydney
I have a dream… that I will have the chance to meet one of the greatest snowboarders of all time there
I have a dream… that snowboarders will unite on this day and share in the stoke of said premiere

And when this happens, we will be stepping one step closer to allowing snowboarding to reign supreme, in every mountain village and resort, in every continent around the world and at that point we will be free at last!

Hugs and Kisses
finney