The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The radest electric skateboard going around!!

Hey Everyone!!

This is Jeff from Evolve Skateboards, I have been designing this board for about 2.5 years and it’s just about to go into production.  This board has been designed due to a passion for snowboarding and surfing not to mention longboarding.

Any questions or feedback would be rad….

Cheers
Jeff

PS You can see it in action here -

Your video is private Jeff…

Thanks TJ! Edited :\

Looks pretty cool, few questions:

1. Website?
2. How do you make it go?
3. Battery life?
4. What do you think the cost will be like?
5. When do you think they will be ready for retail?

Thanks man, to answer your questions:

1. http://www.evolveskateboards.com.au
2. There’s a small bluetooth wireless remote that you hold in one hand (accelerates and brakes)
3. It has a rechargeable lithium battery that goes for 2-3 hours
4. $1199 AUD which includes free shipping worldwide
5. Should have the first run ready to ship out December 11/Jan 12 at the latest

My main passion is snowboarding (surfing is a close second) so I wanted to create something that would tide me over in between seasons (as you can imagine there’s not much pow on the Gold Coast..smile

is it an add-on kit or do you need to buy the whole set-up

what kind of speeds are you topping at

hey humdingaling, it’s the complete board (not a kit)..all top notch longboarding parts (5 ply bamboo deck, carving trucks, ceramic bearings, high rebound wheels etc). I wanted it to be all about quality of the ride after trying out a few of the electric skateboards on the market that did my head in..terrible, rough ride, heavy as and cheap shitty parts.

It gets up to about 32kph

Cheers,
Jeff

Sounds good but it may be a bit of a niche market at $1200. Not that it won’t sell but might be a bit high for me to splurge… Considering I’m planning to use all my money on a new Motorbike this week lol.

Sounds cool but I have to agree with TJ. It is a bit pricey for a board, but most longboards and stuff today are expensive anyway. Just depends how passionate you are really. smile

Yeah TJ and BKM, that is def the million $ question..  We know crappier boards are selling for upwards of $1200 - $1700 but like you said in a niche market. If we can get them in stores and sell in quantity there’s an opportunity to get them down to around $999. Your thoughts on that price..would you be more inclined to think about buying one?

At that price, if I had the money (once I start saving after a new bike) there could be an opportunity for one.

Though, I’m not really your niche market lol.

Thanks TJ for the feedback.  The boards will retail for $999.  Add freight onto that price and you got $1199.  In reality, top surfboards cost same price and snowboards a little cheaper.  As the saying goes, you get what you pay for smile

I resurrected an old one I found at the tip and swapped out the motor for a heavy-duty washing machine motor and and it went 40+ which was mighty fast on a skateboard. Reminded me of riding down Brokers Road in the Wollongong. Mind you I always felt like it wanted to kill me…and the battery lasted like 30 mins.

MU

thats some funny shit moonunit!!  hahaha

Welcome to Boardworld, Jeff.  cool smile

One of these would make a great prize…    evil