The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hi I have problem with my frontside boardslide

I can do pretty good backside boardslide, but it is a another game for the frontside one I have trouble to stay on top of the rail center and looking on my shoulder and exit the trick do you have somme hint for helping me or sugestion to try out beacause your board slide video is going to much fast for me to visualize and the slide is to short   tanks again for your help and your video they are pretty helpfull smile

Hey there buddy, I used to have trouble with my front boardslides, but here are some tips that helped me.

First up, approach the rail parallel with a decent amount of speed. Speed is the key. The more speed you have, the greater your margin for error if you don’t come off perfectly straight (easier to turn the last 90 degrees coming off the rail). It also makes those long boardslides easier, as you spend less time balancing on the rail.

As you pop onto the rail, try to land with the middle of your board over it. bend your knees slightly as you ease into the slide and look over your front shoulder to spot the landing.

If you’re coming out forward, shift your weight slightly to your tail and prepare to un-twist your hips. As you near the end of the rail, turn your hips and your shoulders back so they’re parallel with the rail again. Your board will follow. To come out fakie, I find it easier to keep my weight more over the rail (on the nose) and turn as if I’m landing a backside 180.

Hope that helped smile

What Lewis said. tongue rolleye

Just making sure you are approaching the rail at a comfortable speed. Not too slow that you can’t slide but not too fast that you are going to stuff yourself up.
It is a trick you need to be persistant with and keep trying and building yourself up too.

dgwbleu - 21 September 2011 05:44 PM

I can do pretty good backside boardslide, but it is a another game for the frontside one I have trouble to stay on top of the rail center and looking on my shoulder and exit the trick do you have somme hint for helping me or sugestion to try out beacause your board slide video is going to much fast for me to visualize and the slide is to short   tanks again for your help and your video they are pretty helpfull smile

hi buddy.
the thing with this trick is just start off very small just tapping the rail/ledge or park bench to get the feel for it.
than slowly commit more to sliding the whole bench.
make sure you look over your shoulder to keep your centre of gravity and knees bent and arms out.
just work at it ...
it will come.
good luck

tanks alot to all of you for the helps I have almost landing it 4 times smile today its relly help all I need to work on is the exit now it turn naturally to fakie or its stay 90 degrées has the first time when i was begininer for the backboard slide tanks and tanks and tank you all :D!!!

Hello! Sorry I am late, my net has been down, basically it has all been said already the main things you need are commitment, to stay above the slide and to keep your upper body facing the way you want to turn out smile

sometimes my videos can help learners figure out little things they might be missing so hopefully this one can help smile

Hey baskwith, I wonder if you ever saw the Willy Santos trick tips videos?

I havnt actually, any good? Everyone wants me to start trick tip vids haha maybe one day

tanks for the video and for me it’s kinda suck i have sprain again my ankle a little less harder at this summer last time beacause my bushing was finish for the first time and this time I have land it akwardly with my bad foot but a will take a brake for this year i have relly almost land it thanks alot boardworld and members and tanks for your help I have learn manny things and I still love skateboarding but I need to take care now

I watch Baskwith’s videos when I’m stumped smile