The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Shred 2011 - It’s a Wrap - Thank you, photos & vids

What an awesome week it was at Thredbo for the inaugural Boardworld Shred. Michelle and I had an amazing time riding, hanging out, drinking, and joking around with you guys. We already can’t wait for the 2012 Shred at Perisher.

Thank you to everyone who made it to The Shred. This event wouldn’t have been the same without each and every one of you!  shaka

I would like to thank our sponsors for their continual support of Boardworld. Lib Tech, StepChild, ThirtyTwo, Chemical Storm, 3CS, Dragon, Burton, Flux, Third Chapter, Siege Audio, Airhole, Sandbox, and Oz Snow Adventures.

A special mention must go to Jeff Pang from Chemical Storm, Paul Colby and Alex Dillenbeck from Burton Australia, Amine Yasmine from YES and Flux, Marcus Stocker from Lib Tech and GNU, and Matt Goodall from Oz Snow Adventures. These guys went to huge efforts to support The Shred, providing lots of demo equipment and prizes from our members to take home. Thank you for your support!

Thank you to spaz for organising the awesome Shred Shed for the crew. I can only imagine how difficult it was to do so.

One more special mention must go to Michelle (Just Giver). Michelle worked tirelessly behind the scenes, before and during The Shred. She spent countless hours organising prizes, making sure everyone went home a winner, crocheting beanies, not riding, and putting up with my shit. Michelle, you are awesome and we all appreciate the effort you went to for us.

I will be starting a demo gear review thread soon. The request is you pick one board you really liked and review it. I am going to review the Burton Joystick 150 first, and I will also provide a template for you to fill out. More info about that in the coming days. smile

LINKS TO OTHER THREADS

The Shredit (video by Mizu Kuma)

Best Quotes / Funny Moments from The Shred

Product Reviews

VIDEOS

PHOTOS - not all these are mine, just compiling them here.  raspberry

PHOTOS continued…

Massive Props to the Sponsors!!!!

Good to see they are supporting their customer base wink

I will be at the next shred, @ Perisher, or part there of next season

what a epic week it has been!!! i just got home and i am stuffed, think it will take me a week 2 empty my bag cause i jus cant be bothered now!! massive shout out 2 Jeremy and Michelle cause without them none of this would of happened… gotta thank my holiday dad mizu aswell 4 helping me and the other boys out at ullr with organizing the accommodation and also the spanish cockell beer!! was sooooooo much fun 2 go riding and partying with every1 that made it down all u guys awesome and def gota catch up again before the next shred a year is 2 long lol

thanx 2 all the sponsors aswell 4 joining in, was good 2 ride different boards all week… jus like 2 thank libtech especially, rode a trice and skate banana while i was down there and helped me make the decision on the next board i wanna get, thanks alot guys!!!

also like 2 thank burton, siege audio and third chapter for the prizes that i won during the week!! u guys rock!!

Jealousy x 1000000000000000

thank you sponsors; now do i win anything?

And what T-Spec said

Sc4rF4c3 - 19 September 2011 09:23 AM

thank you sponsors; now do i win anything?

And what T-Spec said

what a persuasive argument! how could they not be won over wink

Looks like a hell of a lot of fun! should be good to read all the reviews and see some more pics/stories/vids etc!

I will be filling out this bit tomorrow. For now jsut want to say thanks to everyone involved and it is possibly my favourite snow trip ever smile

Ok my wrap on the Boardworld Shred ‘11

I have to say it is one of the best snow trips and most positive snow related experiences I have ever been lucky enough to be apart of.
It was the most fun I have ever had at the snow considering I really only had half a day snowboarding due to the crash in the vids above!
Met so many great, fun and likeminded people. And from this have taken away friendships I can see lasting a very long time.
Thank you to all the sponsors who jumped on board and put together prizes, board demos (unfortunately I axed myself before I got a chance to get on any teacherboy )  and provided with accomodation discounts.
I was totally blow away how much some of the brands supported The Shred. Burton Australia and Chemical Storm are two that really stood out for me.

A special thanks Jerermy and Michelle for all their hard work they put into making it all happen. Spaz for sorting out the Shred Shed and doin research into accom early in the year.

I think for Boardworld and any current and potential sponsors of the Shred it is such a great form of positive promotion. The Shred brought a lot of awareness to the site and through that the sponsors too. Many people at on the mountain aproached us and asked if we were with the BW Shred and that they had heard about us and the site. This included mtn staff to punters. Things like random people going up to the muso playin guitar and showing him on their phones what BW was, or when Mizu and I were asked what happened to us (black eye and sling) we said go to http://www.boardworld.com.au and check all the footage! They responded with “oh your the BW crew here for the Shred, yeh we have already been on there to check it out”

To sum up, i think there couldnt be a better group of people who went to the shred to represent Boardworld and the Australian snow community.
Thanks to all involved! Thanks to all who attended! Thanks for the good times and new friendships.
See you all and more of you next year!

K2 cool smile

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 19 September 2011 09:39 AM

I will be filling out this bit tomorrow. For now jsut want to say thanks to everyone involved and it is possibly my favourite snow trip ever smile

do you remember it??  wink

haha, bits n pieces mate LOL

You and crew had great ball!!!
missed you all by a half day I left on 11th…
Glad to see snow has hold up for you to shred… great pic & report

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 19 September 2011 10:00 AM

haha, bits n pieces mate LOL

probably forgot ALL about the money you bet me you’d stick that landing . . .  tongue rolleye

Azz, Mizu and Jez all get text messages at the same time from K2

“Med centre can’t remember a thing”

LOL

Hey K2, I didn’t ask you, when the doc was checking you out, did he / she ask how you got that ice burn on your ass? LOL

Azz - 19 September 2011 11:52 AM

Hey K2, I didn’t ask you, when the doc was checking you out, did he / she ask how you got that ice burn on your ass? LOL

ahahahahaha, nah they didnt say anything. They did think my name was brett though. all the paperwork had brett hocking on it haha