The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Nollie front flips

I’d really like to learn these.  I’ve tried quite a few and even landed some but i know i’m not doing them right, there is no snap when i do them, I just rely on getting enough airtime to come round.  If anyone who can do these well could share some suggestions on what the secrets are i’d be grateful.

i cant do them. from what i have seen most people go back on their tails first then roll forward and pop off the nose at the same time.

Aidy it sounds to me like you just need a new playlist on your ipod. just my two cents

That’s solid advice. New tunes Aidy.

what do they look like?

Kind of like a cartwheel in the air, popping off the nose of the board.

my friend could do them really good. he said he learnt how to do cartwheels good, then one handed cartwheels until he could do no handed cartwheels, then he said nollie frontflips were easy after that

haha thanks will,  i’m living in the middle of nowhere now, so i’ll start catwheeling around the place!  Its a silly trick but i think it’d put a smile on my face if i could just pop a cheeky one from time to time.

I’d like to do the cart wheel thing on flat, I just cant seem to get the board above my head when I try them, and I end up looking fairly dumb.
I need to commit to a session of trying to learn them, and pop off the nose.
This would be a good step in learning to do a nollie front flip.

snowslider - 21 June 2009 02:49 AM

I’d like to do the cart wheel thing on flat, I just cant seem to get the board above my head when I try them, and I end up looking fairly dumb.

unless you have bad shoulders..I tried it before..Epic fail..Ouch

snowslider - 21 June 2009 02:49 AM

Hey I don’t mean cartwheels on snowboard, I mean doing them on dry land and by doing them enough times that you will be able to do them so quick that you can do them without putting your hands down.

popping of the nose is soo sweet once you feel the pop spot. I do alot of spin tricks off my nose including the front flip. I personally dont recommend winding up too much or trying to flip with all your might. As your are reaching the peak of your jump you can lean into the nose of your snowboard creating a pressure between the board and the jump. this gives you an extra pop when you jump from the lip and can also cause your nose to be pushed in the direction your body is rotating giving you that extra thrust to get around a smooth rotation. Stay centered on your board and dont open up to soon because it will slow and stop your rotation. Spot your landings and keep working on it. Follow through!!