The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New contest for August 2009

Seeing that you ride in west virginia/virginia, i dont think theres much to look forward to in AUS.
Unless you’re into slush and stuff?
haha
how is the riding in west virginia anyway?

golfpunklegend - 10 August 2009 07:39 AM

Seeing that you ride in west virginia/virginia, i dont think theres much to look forward to in AUS.
Unless you’re into slush and stuff?
haha
how is the riding in west virginia anyway?

Mostly man-made snow. We get a few good dumps a season sometimes up to a foot at the mountain.
Very little snow in the towns outside of the mountains. The snow mostly stays at the resorts.
They call the east coast, the ice coast, and rightfully so, but so much more so in the north east, like Vermont. But West Va is a good state to ride in. The resorts are small. and the biggest in the region has only 1000 vertical feet (300 meters) on most of the mountain and 1500 (~450 meter) on 2 runs of the back of the mountain.
The mountain I end up at the most, because of the friends I know there has about only 600 vertical feet (182 meters), so they are small mountains.
Snow is slushy in the late season, but that is when park riding is good.

I like going to smaller mountains. I’d enjoy AUS slush or pow. either way - all snow is good snow.

snowslider - 11 August 2009 02:24 AM

I’d enjoy AUS slush or pow. either way - all snow is good snow.

I fully agree man. Although, i do a few people who would be more than happy to argue that smile

So we are soon to come to a close on this one….
How bad did GPL beat everyone?
smile

beats me but you’re really close to the 1000 mark wink

But at the start of August I had about 700 posts and you had… what 50?

It was a contest for the month of August, not overall.
I think you must have got it.
nic was a close option, but rediced his participation in this last week.

O ahaha i thought you were on like 50 as well :p

no, not at all.
I think Dave, Jeremy and myself all had many many more than others before the contest start, and there wasnt many with over 100 at that time.

Yeah GPL is killing it, no one will catch him. I think he started on 59 and nic was on 11 or something. snowslider was 600+ easy at the start of the month.

I know this month isn’t over just yet, but I think I can say well done to GPL for killing it in the participation for August. Hit me your postal address to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I will send the prize pack on September 1, assuming someone doesn’t post 700 times in the next 2 days. wink