The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2010 Burton product launch

Thanks nic, but thats not what i meant.
How do i get into one of these product launches is what i meant.
But dont worry about it dude.

It is all about who you know, where you work, and what your influence is.

I’d better go find some friends then…
Did you manage to do one this year yet slider?

golfpunklegend - 15 August 2009 01:38 AM

I’d better go find some friends then…
Did you manage to do one this year yet slider?

Nah I was only able to hit one a few years back, and I dont forsee my position at the local mountains like it was, or my position with the local shops like it was, so I doubt I’ll get that privilege again any time soon.

What I may get to do is the early season demo days. A little different event.
The event I have been to in the past are for shop people that introduce next years stuff at the end of the current year. Most companies prefer you have credentials to participate in that one. But there is always an early season event which has that year’s stuff and it is open to the public and nice to attend and try out all the new goods, maybe score some swag.

In Aus, Ballistyx snowboard shop had one where they just let you demo their new boards particularly the Yes ones.
I was soooo sore that i missed out on that. My mate went up and told me he had such an epic time.
Although some people such as my mate just went for the fun of it, he ended up buyng one of them a few weeks later…

golfpunklegend - 14 August 2009 07:24 AM

Thanks nic, but thats not what i meant.
How do i get into one of these product launches is what i meant.
But dont worry about it dude.

First step is working at your local shred store. Then get as involved as possible. The more you learn about the products and the industry the better.

Jerm, what exactly do/are you doing?
Are you a fulltime snowboard instructor?

I have been working in a snowboard store for 6 years and teaching snowboarding for 4 years. I do both, just came back from 7 months of teaching in Whistler, now back at the store for our winter.

Which store do you work at?
6 more days at the snow shouldnt be too hard to get then right?

Shouldn’t be a problem. wink PM me and I’ll let you know.

golfpunklegend - 15 August 2009 02:50 AM

In Aus, Ballistyx snowboard shop had one where they just let you demo their new boards particularly the Yes ones.
I was soooo sore that i missed out on that. My mate went up and told me he had such an epic time.
Although some people such as my mate just went for the fun of it, he ended up buyng one of them a few weeks later…

I had a friend whose borther got an invite to this and said it was great. I think a lot of the positions went to ballistyx’s staff (fair enough)

Ermm i dont think it was invite mate.
You can just show up and test ride.
Edit: i think they asked to register earlier

Hmm, maybe he got ‘invited’ in store.

Pfft dont worry man.
Im just cut cos he was bragging about how much fun he had at the demo and now hes just showing off his new shredstick and claiming his riding has just jumped up a couple of notches. I could use a new board…. :(

May very well have jumped a notch or two. you never know. Probably jsut really excited abotu a new board so can’t help but brag.