The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

BW Coaching/Workshops/Camps/Lessons PB Season Pass 2012

Just a thought since a few are getting season passes for Perisher Next season

Is Boardworld thinking of running any coaching sessions?
I know perisher doesn’t allow any official teaching other than their own instructors and AIS, but i was thinking of something unofficial.

Any BW members/instructors going to be getting season pass & riding PB next year?

Maybe even at the Shred we could have a kinda workshop camp or something

i was almost tempted to offer a season pass to a rated instructor (considering the price) for coaching during the season, but i still might be going to NZ (i hope) wink

just ideas

what are your thoughts

Hmmm, interesting idea. Though hard to put into practice.
It would be way easier for any instructor to work for Perisher and get cheap accom and season pass and pay.
But hey, who knows. Rider can pull all kinds of strings.

I just got back into the country and probably won’t be working until I start uni next year (maybe).
If I’m not doing anything at the time I’m happy to be any BW members personal Instructor for as long as they like if they want to take me to the snow with them.
I just can’t accept any payment cause it’s against resort policy.

Andy,  I have a hard time convincing anyone to go with me so I might take you up on that, just fitted out my 4wd truck with a locakable hardlid and DVD player so it’s a comfy, secure and entertaining trip to the snow!  That is if you don’t mind camping when you get there ha ha ha!

Andy Aitken - 12 September 2011 06:29 AM

Hmmm, interesting idea. Though hard to put into practice.
It would be way easier for any instructor to work for Perisher and get cheap accom and season pass and pay.
But hey, who knows. Rider can pull all kinds of strings.

I just got back into the country and probably won’t be working until I start uni next year (maybe).
If I’m not doing anything at the time I’m happy to be any BW members personal Instructor for as long as they like if they want to take me to the snow with them.
I just can’t accept any payment cause it’s against resort policy.

mate any time you wanna head down next season let me know, - usually have a spare seat in the car and post it up and can organise accom etc

Hey guys,see what we can work out.
Yeah not a problem. Just private message me next time your thinking about going to the snow and we’ll sort it out. Apart from being the way I make money in the mountains, I really love teaching snowboarding so I’d be happy to teach you guys anything u want. I’m certified to teach park now too.

I reckon the best approach for this is for me to teach you everything I can and when it gets to the stage where u just need to practice then I’ll head to the park and do some practice myself (if your not already there with me).

Andy Aitken - 21 September 2011 11:25 PM

Hey guys,see what we can work out.
Yeah not a problem. Just private message me next time your thinking about going to the snow and we’ll sort it out. Apart from being the way I make money in the mountains, I really love teaching snowboarding so I’d be happy to teach you guys anything u want. I’m certified to teach park now too.

I reckon the best approach for this is for me to teach you everything I can and when it gets to the stage where u just need to practice then I’ll head to the park and do some practice myself (if your not already there with me).

Hi guys I’m definitely up for short trips (weekends/day trips) to Perisher for next season. I got the Freedom Pass and intend to make the most of it. I’m in Canberra so it’s only a 2:30 hour drive for me.

Hey Andy if you do show me a thing or two, I can remunerate you with beer or other. Would appreciate some tips and I’m looking forward to riding my new board and set-up.

MU

Wouldn’t mind getting some tips on both of our riding next year. We can link turns and ride green runs confidently but want to be able to take that next step. Dark just got a new board which is a little longer and is catching an edge quiet a bit. So any assistance next year would be awesome!

We don’t have a season pass for next year, but will def be at the shred.

BTW

i’m not an instructor, but i don’t mind riding with peoples and helping out, although i don’t have the “best” technique

there is no pressure to keep up etc

Andy Aitken - 21 September 2011 11:25 PM

yeah, something like this would work, give us something to work on and then leave us to the practice

blizzard_22 - 23 September 2011 10:10 PM

Dark just got a new board which is a little longer and is catching an edge quiet a bit.

What board did he get, blizz???? Did he get it de-tuned????

I bought a season pass for Perisher. I’m always happy to catch up with Boardworld members and give a helping hand if they want/need. As far as camps or paid lessons go, this would be something we have speak to Perisher about. I know resorts are usually very against lessons unless they are booked with their own instructors. Obviously it’s taking business away from them so it’s never going to work unless it’s developed with them. Any ideas on how we could make it work with them?

Mizu Kuma - 26 September 2011 01:19 AM
blizzard_22 - 23 September 2011 10:10 PM

Dark just got a new board which is a little longer and is catching an edge quiet a bit.

What board did he get, blizz???? Did he get it de-tuned????

I can’t remember exactly what the board is, the brand is LTD. It is about 5cms longer than his previous board and yes he did get it de-tuned. The guy at Time2Ride was really good.

rider26 - 26 September 2011 01:47 AM

I bought a season pass for Perisher. I’m always happy to catch up with Boardworld members and give a helping hand if they want/need. As far as camps or paid lessons go, this would be something we have speak to Perisher about. I know resorts are usually very against lessons unless they are booked with their own instructors. Obviously it’s taking business away from them so it’s never going to work unless it’s developed with them. Any ideas on how we could make it work with them?

Yeah you’re right bro, the whole thing is a bit of a grey area but it’s best to stay on side with the resorts.
I used to teach at Perisher and every man and his dog know me there so I can’t do anything sus. And when we went to the shred at Thredbo I ran into 2 instructors that I worked with in Whistler. And even in plain clothes it’s so easy to see an instructor teaching a lesson.

Having said that, there definitely are groups like canadian extreme and others that aren’t resort instructors. So maybe you can swing something with Perisher Rider. Maybe ask Perisher what these 3rd party groups have done to be allowed to teach there. It is taking business away from them but it’s also bringing people to the resort and they will make money from lift tickets/ food/ accom etc.
I would be way happier to do it with their blessing rather than in a shady way. Perisher has been awesome to me and I would definitely like to do the right thing by them.

Yeah, of course. I would never try to teach there unless it was organised with Perisher. We have a great relationship with them and this will be one of the things I speak to them about before the season comes around.

Maybe do the lessons at Thredbo????

They don’t seem to wanna get involved in anythin that Boardworld does!!!!!  smirk

Hahaha LOL