The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Development camps

Has anyone done one?
Did you find it useful and worth it?

I’m thinking of doing a park camp at Snowpark in NZ but it’s September 27th - October 3rd and I’m not sure if it will be useful as it’s right at the end of the season and I probably won’t ride again for the rest of the season.

Just worried that I’m A) not going to learn much being pretty much a beginner in park and B) going to not get much benefit seeing it will be the last time I ride this season.

Thoughts?

I’m doing ‘The Camp’ in Japan in Jan. I’m sure the skills you learn won’t be lost just because its the end of season, especially since its 5 days of camp.

Hey guys, glad to hear you are considering attending some camps.
I always find the best way to find out if a camp is worth while is to ask someone who has been to that camp what it was like and what they learned.
If they say they had the best time of their life and there riding exploded then you can be the judge of that.
I organize and coach my own camps and “best camp in the world” is always the result I try to deliver.
Don’t only trust the testimonies on companies websites, ask for permission to call a previous customer.
If the camp has top coaches then you’ll learn tons!

I like the idea of going to a camp. I may never go though. It is just impractical for me and my life.
Maybe the day will come that a kid of mine will go and me and my wife can also go for a subsequent parent camp.
One thing I dislike about those camps is that the days are so rigid (which is good for the kid camps, but not so good for the adult camps) and there is a lot to do but personally I dont care about doing much more than snowboarding. I think you only get a certain number of hours on the snow each day, and I know I’d want more.
Snowboarding trips, are BUSINESS trips to me - it’s all about getting as much time on snow as possible.

any good adult camps that can be recommended? and when i say adult, i mean 30 plus! flexible on location..

Pow Wow - 02 August 2009 11:27 AM

any good adult camps that can be recommended? and when i say adult, i mean 30 plus! flexible on location..

I cant really recommend one, but I know there are some that exist in the northwest US regions.

SnowboardAddiction Camps, NZ and Whistler. http://www.snowboardaddictioncamps.com/

Camp of Champions, Whistler.

The Camp, NZ and Mammoth.

High Cascade camp, Mt Hood. http://www.highcascade.com/

High Cascade are now also at Snwopark.

It’s the one I’m thinking of doing.

tksvm all…will check them out…

Tobi - 02 August 2009 11:16 PM

High Cascade are now also at Snwopark.

It’s the one I’m thinking of doing.

I recently met one of the girls from New Zealand running the camp. She is awesome and they get excellent coaches there. She was telling me Charles Beckinsale was a coach for the kids last year. I think you would benefit greatly from the camp, regardless of it being at the end of your season. It gives you things to think about and visualise during the offseason. If you decide to go please let us know how it goes.

are there any camps being offered in australia???

benno27 - 03 August 2009 10:21 PM

are there any camps being offered in australia???

Mt Buller in Victoria, AU has a camp.

The home page of this site has a video clip from that camp.

You can also go here:
http://www.transitionist.com/facilities/mtbuller

and get more info.

Those kids are ridiculously good on that video