The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skate Photography Contest 2011 / 2012

I keep forgetting to post pictures on this haha so here is one I took yesterday.
Anthonie Fox boosts an Indy on his huge old school board at chalk drive.

TITLE: Lachlan Abbott, Judo
TAKEN: 04.10.11

Another shot of Anthonie Fox hitting up the halfy with the old skool, pulling up some big fs smiths.

TITLE: Lachlan Abbott & Ryan Helm, Doubles BS Air

Afternoon sesh on Friday, and good ol’ Rick Thomas comes straight from work and kicks a kickflip off the corner at Chalk Drive.

Sheffield - 09 October 2011 08:58 AM

Great shot!

Photos of the Week have been posted: https://www.boardworld.com.au/skateboarding/

The next round will include photos posted from October 9th, onwards.

We have increased the prize pack to $1600, throwing in another deck and set of wheels from 24 Skateboards.

Just a reminder to always include a photo title, location, and approximate date (month).

TITLE: John Dykyj, Switch FS 5-0 Grind
TAKEN: 06.10.11

Loving these photos guys!

I really want to give skate photography a crack, but I don’t know anybody who skates. I’d feel like a knob turning up to a skate park and getting up in peoples faces.

rider26 - 11 October 2011 03:16 AM
Sheffield - 09 October 2011 08:58 AM

Great shot!

Yeah, I like this shot too!!!!!! Looks like the sky is like lookin at the earth from space!!!!!!

haha, supose it does lol

TITLE: RJ Barbaro, FS Tuck Knee
TAKEN: 11.10.11

Tills - 12 October 2011 07:45 AM

Loving these photos guys!

I really want to give skate photography a crack, but I don’t know anybody who skates. I’d feel like a knob turning up to a skate park and getting up in peoples faces.

go to a skate park and watch for a bit. If you see a guy who’s ripping, think about how you’d shoot him (angles, etc), then approach him and explain how you want to get into skate photography, how you like his style, ‘would you mind if I took a few shots of you on that item’. Tell him you’ll give him the shots. and tell him that it’s no pressure, if he tires of it or finds you annoying then he can leave anytime.
You should have some good ideas about shooting though before approaching the top ripper

TITLE: Nathan ” Jimmy” Beck, FS Rodeo
TAKEN: 11.10.11

I like that shot, Sheffield.