The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld Skater Progress Thread

Yeah I was just joking. It’s not the mail mans fault.

You should throw up some pictures after you put it together.

put it together? and get my hands dirty? I just had the shop put it together for me. I rode it last night, and it felt great especially after 10 years. I’m really happy with the width (8.25). The rest of the stuff (trucks, bearings, wheels) I have no clue about. Worked on my grass ollies which was fun, and bombed a little decline. It was long but not steep, but I picked up quite a bit of speed which got the heart racing. No falls so I was stoked. will get pics next time

great to see your getting straight into it Gamblor! Lookin forward to the pics of your setup. I think 8.25 is a really good size. At the moment I believe I’m on an 8.38, but will move back to 8.25 as soon as this one is done. Get Stoked On Skating shaka

Don’t forget the pics of your new setup K2

I finally put together a clip from the week I broke my rib. So no skating of me (besides one injured crap bowl run where I was hating life ahha).

Just a clip to show us having fun and enjoyin skateboarding. 10min long so may be a bit slow and the same. Also, yes I know the song is stupid and annoying, but it is our song atm and I had to use it LOL

Great stuff, K2! Looking forward to seeing some footage of you. shaka

Cheers mate. Will be gettin a bit more from now on. Have almost healed up. Starting next week, gonna try to get some lines and new tricks on camera. Ordered a Cam Caddie Scorpion too so should help heaps with steady footage. looking forward too it. Only prob is it takes for ever to upload to vimeo in HD

Good to hear you’re healing well. Looking forward to it. smile

Nice K2! Your crew really rips.

There’s that awesome park again!  Where is it?

Yeh, it helps so much skating with good skaters. Makes you push yourself and progress good.
Most of the guys are either shop team skaters, or some are sponsored skaters who dont work, just skate. What a life haha

Park is Croydon. Having lights at this time of year is a saviour

wow that park looks awesome k2! I bet it sucks if it’s crowded though

I’ve been there when its pretty busy, and its spread out enough that you can still ride it with a bit of flow. But we ride at night so there is usually no more than 8 people including us

Andy Aitken - 04 June 2012 08:46 AM

You should throw up some pictures after you put it together.

Here she is! Like the matching helmet? raspberry LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ñice one mate! shaka

Update:
So decided to come back a day early from the snow to skate! Never thought I’d be doing that. Though when the season gets kicking I doubt i will, but there is only so many times you can hit the same 3 runs in a weekend. 2 days was enough.

I think I am pretty much good to skate properly again. I had a couple of sketch moments on snow where my rib killed me but yestday it felt great. Almost no pain. So went out for a skate yesterday. My legs werent sore from boarding but had no energy. Still managed to have a good skate and get back into it again.
Decided that goal for the day was to land front shuvs (inspired by Gamblor). It didnt take long to get a feel for them and by the end of the session I was landing a few. Nice and poppy too. Problem was my front foot was landing a too much on the nose each time. I need to scoop forward more with my back foot I think and get the board out infront of me a bit. But landed a few and it felt good smile

Snapped my Cliche deck. Well focused it cos I wasnt feeling it and it was feeling spongey and lacking a lot of pop. Had a spare 24 deck in the car so put that on. Pop was back again. Still 8” is a bit skinney for me, but will do for the time being.

We mucked round with the iPhone lenses for a bit and here are some photos. Got one of me this time doing a front K-Grind. Didnt land the one in this shot, but it is the only shot we got of me before the phone died. And it looks cool wink

Me

and me shooting Ray doing a nosemanual along the block. Gamblor, which photo do you think is better?
Fisheye lense

Wide angle lense

All in all, stoked to be pretty much injury free again. Front shuvs will hopefully be locked in soon shaka