The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Dog and National Parks

Poll: Should a person be allow to enter a NSW National Park with their dog if the dog is under control.
Total Votes: 18
Yes
No

Used to be Gold when one of ya mates stepped on a Lawn Mine!!!!!

I miss those days!!!!!  downer

One time my mate and me took our dogs down to the beach with us in the back of my car. Just before we got to the edge of the beach, I could smell dog shit!!!!!

My mates dog had crapped in the back of my car, and my mate was laughin his head off no end, while I was nearly chuckin up my coco pops from that mornin!!!!!

Once we pulled up, I got out of the car at break neck speed, opened the back of the car and got his mongrel dog out, yellin all sorts of obscenities at it!!!!!

It was only then that I had noticed that his dog had actually laid his work on my mates wetsuit!!!!! What a good dog!!!!! Hahahahaaa!!!!!

LOL I love karma

Azz - 25 August 2011 11:25 AM

You know deano, when I look at your avatar, you running down a beach seems highly entertaining LOL  teacherboy

Your point being??

MU

the point is that my avatar is of a morbidly obese man, and seeing a morbidly obese man run would be entertaining.

thats my take on it any way wink

Well, the dude in ya avatar doesn’t seem to impressed by the idea!!!!!

he has been likened to steven seagal in his hey day so dont piss him off

He looks as though he’s midway through a roundhouse!!!!!

MoonUnit - 26 August 2011 05:25 AM
Azz - 25 August 2011 11:25 AM

You know deano, when I look at your avatar, you running down a beach seems highly entertaining LOL  teacherboy

Your point being??

MU

deanobruce - 27 August 2011 04:39 AM

the point is that my avatar is of a morbidly obese man, and seeing a morbidly obese man run would be entertaining.

thats my take on it any way wink

Yes indeed, that is exactly what would entertain me greatly.

Mind you, I also laugh my self silly watching the funniest home video show LOL

Funniest Home Videos cracks me up too!!!!

Nothin beats a little mindless humiliation of other people, for some satisfyin entertainment I reckon!!!!

Not to mention random acts of stupidity leading to some fool hurting themselves and / or those around them LOL

Funniest Home Vids - another notch on the board of common likes between spaz and Azz.

Dogs in NP = no.
Spend time in NSW NP, cross the Murry into Vic state forests and you’ll notice the difference a no dog policy makes.
I’ve mastered dogs my whole life and had to make the choice of giving up my dog when we moved to Thredbo because it’s in a NP. It sucks because I know many people that keep cats in Thredbo. It is important to keep some areas pristine. If any of you have seen how easy a Pygmy Possum is to approach and how delicate our protected area’s are this question would never be raised. There are plenty of places to take and enjoy our K9’s, the Northern District of Wollongong has the best off leash policy in Australia with many beaches dedicated to dogs freedom.

When it comes to dogs the minority rule barely applies - it’s only the minority that are responsible dog owners.
When was the last time you actually saw a dog owner leading it’s dog? 90% of the time the dog leads the owner!

I saw ‘Red Dog’ yesterday and nearly went straight to the pound as this has been the longest period in my life without a dog.

Well it seems that all have forgotten about the Dingo which is a introduced K9 to Australia from Indonesia 5000 years ago. So the theory about destroying the natural balance is bullshit if wild dogs took a foothold. The fact is that they (K9 and cat, Felines) simply won,t survive without changing . The Dingo did adapted to the new environment. It reduce it breeding cycle (Once per year) and it physicality (Non Barking) to be able to survive. It was not a predictor in Australia but a scavenger until livestock was introduce. So to ban walking your K9 in a park where K9,s are part of the ecology does not give any weight to the ban by saying that the dog destroy the balance of the environment. Just show how Government are pandering to minority and political groups to get the popular vote.. Not for the protection of the National Parks.

I agree with ya Johno!!!!!

As I said before, people do way more damage to the environment than dogs ever will, and we continue let ourselves into the parks!!!!!

If we were deadset about conservation, then we would shut access to these places off to everyone and not just dogs and cats!!!!

Because the dingos came 5000 years ago doesn’t mean they didn’t do any damage - it just means we have no way of knowing what damage they did do!

The Dingo had to team up with humans or face extinction. By itself it had to scavenge and die out. It could not take down a roo without incurring an injury making it harder to get its next feed. The same with felines. Don,t you think it weird that every continent have big cats except Australia. They just couldn’t take a foothold. What about praying on smaller animals you may ask .Our native wildlife Marsupial’s and reptiles. has the ability to depopulate and this is critical advantage.