The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trucks and Wheel Size?

Hey I’m planning on ordering a 7.75 Folklore deck today and I might buy some new wheels. My plan was to transfer my old trucks and bearings onto it.

My old board is a 7.5 Blind deck, what size wheels should I get for my new deck? Also would my trucks I have on my 7.5 be alright to put on the 7.75?

Shoes are size 11 US.

Cheers smile

Do you have any more info about your current trucks? Brand, size?

Not too sure as it’s my mates old board but they are pink and it says destructo. He says he got bam margera to sign them but the signature looks printed on, is they any signature series trucks that are pink? I can upload a photo when I get home from school if that helps. smile

Yeah I remember stocking the Bam Margera Destructo trucks at the store. I’m almost certain it had Bam’s signature on a pink hanger (black base).

Anyway, something between 50mm and 54mm should be fine. Some people prefer smaller, some prefer bigger. 52mm is probably the average size we sell. Unless your current trucks are super small, they should be OK on the 7.75. See if you can measure the width of the hanger and width of the axle.

I’m not an expert on skate gear though, so I’ll let CJ Parker answer in more detail. He is the guru.

I looked them up and they say “Bam Margera Destructo 5.0” is 5.0 the size? 5 inches? It should be suitable for the 7.75?

EDIT: I measured them and the hanger length is 5 inches.

Heres a pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah mate, those are the trucks I was talking about. They all come with Bam’s signature printed on.

They will be fine with a 7.75 deck, although if you buy anything bigger than a 7.75 deck, you will need to step to a 5.25 truck.

Sweet as smile
Cheers for the help :D

With size 11 feet a bigger deck isn’t going to be a hard thing for you to ride. The advantage of the Destructo D1 is the height of the hanger. You can fit some big wheels on those without a riser if you wanted to.
Which folklore deck are you getting? I had one before moving to England, it had such a good shape. I loved it and for a 60 buck deck, great value.
For the meantime though, crack on with a 7.75 and see how it feels. You may like the size and not want to change to anything bigger. I know a few guys that skate 7.75 and love it. Won’t change for the world.

C J Parker - 19 August 2011 08:17 AM

With size 11 feet a bigger deck isn’t going to be a hard thing for you to ride. The advantage of the Destructo D1 is the height of the hanger. You can fit some big wheels on those without a riser if you wanted to.
Which folklore deck are you getting? I had one before moving to England, it had such a good shape. I loved it and for a 60 buck deck, great value.
For the meantime though, crack on with a 7.75 and see how it feels. You may like the size and not want to change to anything bigger. I know a few guys that skate 7.75 and love it. Won’t change for the world.

I got this deck http://www.folklore.com.au/product_detail.php?product_id=264
it looks pretty swell smile

I’ve got risers on those trucks so it should be ok to get 52mm wheels? What do you recommend? I skate street but I’ll eventually skate park when I get better.

I’m really stoked for this board haha I just hope this will be a good size because I don’t want to spend a lot of money getting new trucks and a bigger board. Hopefully this board will be easier to land tricks since it’s bigger, I always have trouble landing my ollies when I jump over things, I always seem to land on an a 45 degree angle. :(

Yeah that is going to be a good board. The warm press has a deep concave so will really cup your feet into the board. With 52mm wheels you won’t really need riser pads for the trucks. Personal choice on that one.
See how you go with the board, if you feel that’s it not wide enough then look at wider trucks. You can ride wider decks with narrow trucks, doesn’t work that great but will give you an idea. Later on you can then get some wider trucks if you are going to continue skating bigger decks.
With your ollies going 45 degrees, it does come down to your front foot position too. Check the trick tip on ollies, see if it is similar to how you are doing yours.
https://www.boardworld.com.au/skateboarding/content/category/trick-tip-ollie/

Thank you for your help smile greatly appreciate it!
On Monday I’m going to order some 52mm wheels. With the ollies I’ll just keep practicing them and learn to keep my shoulders straight!

Thanks again!