The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Trade section

Hey guys, an idea where you could create a section for trade, where members could upload snow/skate/surf items that they wish to sell then other members could show their interest in the items and get in contact with the seller…

Sellers = Some extra dough

Buyers = Sweet new ride or boots, etc…

You may need to think about rules and restrictions and maybe people need to apply to get a “trading license” or something..
  You wouldn’t want any problems popping up

Hey Dills,

We are currently looking into this. Before we make a decision I need to speak to all the store owners and industry members. Whatever we come up with will be to help the industry. The last thing we want to do is take business away from the stores that support the industry.

Anyway, I am speaking to all the store owners and hopefully we can work something out. If it goes ahead it will definately be restricted to used equipment.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will get back to you on this soon.

Sounds good

Cool

Love what you guys got going on this site. It’s sick!

vampire

Just to update on this issue…

We are holding back on the trading section for this season. We are still speaking to all the store managers/owners to get their thoughts for next season. The decision will be based on what’s best for the Australian snowboarding industry. I will keep you informed.

hey rider i have a pair of rossignol brand new pants that i really need to sell as i have no money, any chance i can try sell them on here?

you could try putting them on ebay although it means you have to pay a lisitng fee and also wait for your listing to end

If you don’t want to use eBay there is also the option of ‘gumtree’. This site has free lsitings but no buyer/seller protection so definitely be careful with it if you opt to use that or somethign similar

nelsonjameshogg - 22 August 2009 07:23 PM

hey rider i have a pair of rossignol brand new pants that i really need to sell as i have no money, any chance i can try sell them on here?

Mate, I would love to say yes but if I allow you to do it others will want to. I’m looking at this situation for next season, speaking to stores etc.. to get their thoughts on the matter. For now your best bet is eBay or similar. Sorry Nelson, I hope you sell them.

snowatch.com.au has a used gear section just chuck them on there smile

Does AUS have a craigs list?

Do you have to pay for a listing in the craigslist?
i think the aus “craiglist” would be the trading post?

No pay, it is all free to post and contact people who have placed ads.
Of course people usually are selling something, but there is a section for free things or items for trade.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/sites

Ya’ll aint listed.

EDIT:
Actually Melbourne is:
http://melbourne.craigslist.com.au/

Theres not much stuff listed on the melbourne craiglist though.
im not surprised cos i’ve never heard of it before.
Free listings a bonus though :]

It is not a bad service. like a locals ebay.

No advertisements, and no sign up and no fees.
We have bought a few items from others, and used it to sell items too.

There are some fake messages and when I post something for sale I get a lot of junk email afterwards.

These smaller ads are good nowadays compared to ebay because there are so many people using ebay to “look for bargains” that stuff normally gets sold close to rrp.
simple economics, supply v demand