The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skincare & the snow

My skin felt GREAT on Saturday - Blizz even said it was glowing LOL

Today not so much. But it is better than it normally is.

I def think its down to the Oil!

I use rose hip oil at night it my skin gets super dry. It usually does the trick, if not, a good sunscreen during the day works pretty well.

cmlaw - 22 July 2014 05:50 PM

a good sunscreen during the day works pretty well.

You all keep saying sunscreen but it just doesn’t help my skin :-(

Yes I don’t get sunburnt but my skin still suffers!

I got back Sunday night to my skin all dry and windburnt.. After 7 days on the hill…  (with some bad winds then sun)

Put 2 layers of the oil on before bed.. Another after I woke up/washes my face. And its super soft again!! 

Love this stuff!!  (and looks like oz does too!!) shaka

These BlueBird days are killing my face!
I’ve had to start wearing foundation with SPF as well as invisible Zinc, I am getting cained!
Then at night I don’t exfoliate and put on Rose Hip Oil, as much as it will drink and repeat in morning again also…

Think I’ll start wearing a facemask all the time, I pull it up when I am on the lift but it’s just not enough.. My lips are still dry and nose is burnt arghhhhh!

Least we can wear makeup to hide a little!

Welcome to my world Stella!  LOL

(and maybe try argan face oil? I am liking it more than Rose Hip oil. I initially thought they were same, same)

Yeh I find the rose hip oil isn’t as moisturising.. Still works well.. But after a few days the argan is better.. (for me anyways) I just replaced my argan. And Brought the bigger bottle this time..  also if my skin is super dry. I put a light layer of paw paw over the oil on the driest parts. (my chin and nose)  to hold it on over night..

And Stella, try a black strap hoodie mask or similar.. They are light so breathe..(and you don’t really over heat on sunny days - and trust me on this.. I ride a hoodie in almost every condition, because I over heat, but this doesn’t bother me)  and they really block the wind and sun, and if the wind is strong enough. I have a bandana over the top..

Yeah H0z I was looking at these last week and couldn’t find them = do you have a link that isn’t their facebook page?

Found them! Which one do you have H0z?

http://shop.fyve.com.au/category/blackstrap-fasemasks

I am going to hazard a guess and say

This one:

Na I have a black one like them.. But Mr.h0z just brought me the pink and blue patterned black strap! And he has a black and a grey one..  smile

Just so happens my mum gave me some swisse argan face oil stuff before I came to nz and have to say I’ve been converted. Super cold and windy over here , not sure if I have wind burn or sunburn but it seems to have done the trick!

Its the bomb!!!

shaka

In other news on the weekends i participated in Rossi Ladies Day (yes for skiers) at Thredbo

And we got a gift pack (of full sized) products from this company.

Its basically all 50+ sunscreen - including a tinted moisturiser which is the only thing I have tried so far.

but you can win a pack too if you comment on this post about what riding with women means too you.

http://www.snowsbest.com/winning-woman-skis/