The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skincare & the snow

heres another…....................option i guess

man jam skin care granny

trentradpants - 27 May 2014 02:31 PM

man jam skin care granny

I think she is confusing plastic surgery with face shots

beachndogs - 28 May 2014 06:35 AM
trentradpants - 27 May 2014 02:31 PM

man jam skin care granny

I think she is confusing plastic surgery with face shots

Ha the old ducks giving the “money shot” a fair whack… Scuse the pun wink

Me? I prefer good ol sunscreen

This has been my winning forumla the past 2 years here in Whistler.

Spring/Glacier riding I use Banana Boat Sport 60
Winter riding Banana Boat Ultra Defence 30 with aloe

Okay so first weekend on snow…

Lips are chaffed :-(

Sunburnt!!! mad

And my chin is rough from rubbing on my jacket (it was bloody freezing standing at the top of the quad for an hour at 3pm! shaka)

My chin always seems to suffer even when I wear a gator of some sort.

Get the oil!! Chemist warehouse have it! Ive been using it the last few weeks to get ready for the beating my skin will take!

I will, I will promise..

I thought to myself today “I must get the oil H0z suggested”

I just need 5mins!

Will women apply the advise? Kinda hard..  gulp

Why?

I certainly have taken the advice.

Ooh also forgot to mention..  Paw paw.. (Kmart have one in a pink tube and tub, (no I didn’t just get it because its pink.. Although that is a bonus!)  but its paw paw with vit.E, aloe Vera, joba joba, and shea butter..  I have a tube in my hand bag, one in my snow backpack and the tub next to my bed..  And I put it on my lips/ and if I have any peeling skin..(eg my nose gets really bad wind/sun burn) the oil works well for this but if its really bad the paw paw helps a little more. (you definitely dont need much on your skin.  But I put a decent amount on my lips of a night before bed.. And they are super soft the next morning.  even if they have dried and cracked the day before..)  hope this helps you as well..  (also from memory the tubes were around $3 and the tub $7)

Yeah I love paw paw.

I have the Yellow one - its paw paw and organic honey.

I went to priceline the other day for the oil and the shelf was bare, they had the spot for it but it was empty :-(

I’ve got a few weeks til the snow again to find it!

I got mine from chemist warehouse, if you have one near by.. Maybe try them? smile

Nah I don’t! (well I don’t think so are there in in the city?.) Heaps of Priceline’s in the city. I just need 5mins to try another one! The biggest one was the one who had sold out!

Some awesome recommendations. If you want hippie advice————————> Wash face with warm water only, use a facewasher and if you want an exfoliant just grab some oatmeal and make it milky on your face (looks funny tastes awesome lol).

Moisture wise I use Coconut oil, in my hair, on my face, on my hands, in my food.. The list IS endless!

Either I wear invisible zinc also (tinted) OR a little bit of SPF foundation with my moisturiser…

Best thing is keep It simple, AND YES!! Facemask, I would have lost my face in Japan if I didn’t have one on!

And it’s steezeyyyyyy

Haha Stella!! Coconut oil is the bomb!!  I deep treat my hair with it when it gets too dry, I have a facial mist (spray bottle with argan oil, coconut oil, and a little bit of moisturizer and filled up with water, that I make up myself and use when ever my face feels dry - and over make up it makes you look less powdery) also in summer I use it to moisturise my legs.. (it keeps the moisture in, adds a nice shimmer and smells like your on a tropical island!)

And I don’t hit the slopes with out a facemask..  (I have 4 that I swap between depending on conditions etc)