The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Skincare & the snow

Haha I just saw this thread.

My solution is to man up and take the harsh conditions on your chin! It makes you look like a gnarly snowboarder when you get back to work the next week.

Though in spring I do put sunscreen on as I burn pretty easily…

^^^^^^ Ask a girly question, get a girly answer!!!!!

He also uses Cuddly on his neck warmers!!!!!

Oh yeah, and just do what I do, oz!!!!!

Grow a beard for the winter!!!!!

Rhi - 21 September 2011 08:30 PM

Hey ozgirl,

How did you find your skin after the last trip? I made the change to a moisturiser with SPF 15 a few days before the shred, and was worried about both sunburn and drying out. I used a nivea sunscreen as well as moisturiser throughout, but the problem is it is so thick you feel like you need a spatula to apply!!! I was pretty happy that after 6.5 days riding i hadn’t burnt or dried out too much but i did get a little moisturiser crazy in the evenings to try and avoid it!!

With summer coming up it wont hurt to use moisturiser that does have some sun protection in it, and I did notice that a few brands are starting to include SPF 15 in their range (cant remember names… will check)

I am loving the natio, can’t believe the difference between the spf 15 and spf 30.

You could just move down here and you’ll get used to it. smile

since it was bought up today
http://www.1-day.com.au/products/QXUCAN1F2

have no idea whether or not its a bargain though LOL

I thought I would rehash this thread.

I am still using the Natio men’s 30+

But I did get a sample the other day of Invisible Zinc tinted moisture and I think I am going to buy some.

http://invisiblezinc.com.au/products/tinted-daywear-spf-30uva-uvb/

Its think and rich and doesn’t feel too heavy. And the tinted part is a bonus as well!

When I saw this thread I wad going to say to try the I visible zinc.. I used it all last season..  I wash my face with Neutrogena naturals cleanser, then tone with witch hazel, then moisturise with the naturals day creme, and after that’s absorbed for a few minutes, I use the light invisible zinc, it stops your skin drying out, protects from the sun.. And as a bonus ads a very light coverage with out being cakey like foundation…  And at night, I wash my face then put swisse argan face oil on it..  It soaks in really well… And even though its an oil, my skin isn’t oily after… But I wake up with really soft skin!  (my nose and chin used to always get really dry, (even with a face mask) but now I dont have a problem…

Hope this helps..

h0z - 26 May 2014 11:46 AM

And at night, I wash my face then put swisse argan face oil on it..  It soaks in really well… And even though its an oil, my skin isn’t oily after…

Awesome!

Will try this also.

My face is trashed from the weekend at perisher and I wasn’t even outside much! Its crazy!

Wind is worse for my face than sun i swear!

h0z - 26 May 2014 11:46 AM

(my nose and chin used to always get really dry, (even with a face mask)

this was exactly my problem!

Yep the argan oil is so good,

Oh btw, on the back it says use 2-3 pumps.. I only use 1 to start, and if my skin is really dry, and it soaks in right away, I use a little more…  but a little does go a long way..  smile

I use sunscreen cos my meds make my skin extra sensitive to the sun. Anything more than that in the morning just takes up valuable sleeping time! The type of sunscreen just depends on what was on sale last time we ran out :p

Haha the invisible zinc is tinted sunscreen with a moisturizer in it!  So only one step… (I just have sensitive skin so have to wash it morning and night..)  and I’m up long before an one.. (eg. I’m up, showered, dressed and have breakfast pretty much cooked by the time any one else gets up!) so I have time to spare while waiting smile

Its hard to explain but sunscreen just hasn’t been cutting it.

I don’t get burnt its is more “damaged’ skin.

The tinted part is a bonus! It certainly wasn’t what i was looking for when i first created this thread.

I certainly have 0 time in the mornings before work - i need to be on the hill at 7.30am!

I am envious of your early morning waking abilities! If I could manage to drag myself out if bed I’d probably do the same. Unfortunately for me (or more so my fiance) if it’s before 8am I can pretty much guarantee my first half hour of being awake will be spent grumbling, sulking and generally being miserable!

Haha I blame work!! I’m at at 5am every day… Soooo 6am wake ups at the snow are a sleep in lol!