ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY

Plastic surgery has two main components: reconstructive plastic surgery which is all about restoring appearance and function to the human body after illness or accident and aesthetic (often called “cosmetic”) plastic surgery which is done to change the appearance from choice.Although you hear people mostly talking about cosmetic plastic surgery, the main work of nearly all plastic surgeons is reconstructive: covering all aspects of wound healing and reconstruction after congenital, acquired and traumatic problems, with aesthetic surgery playing a smaller but important part in their working week.

At BAPRAS, we know that our extensive experience of reconstructive plastic surgery techniques informs our practice when we engage in aesthetic surgery. In turn, our work on form and appearance helps us when we are carrying out reconstruction. It is better for patients and all those concerned to know that the expertise of their plastic surgeon works across the range of plastic surgery techniques for the restoration of function and appearance.

alexanderdebrahan - 22 November 2019 02:17 AM

At BAPRAS, we know that our extensive experience of reconstructive plastic surgery techniques informs our practice when we engage in aesthetic surgery. In turn, our work on form and appearance helps us when we are carrying out reconstruction. It is better for patients and all those concerned to know that the expertise of their plastic surgeon works across the range of plastic surgery techniques for the restoration of function and appearance.

Modern plastic and reconstructive surgery is the combination of various surgical skills and techniques and works closely with many other disciplines. In this section of the website, we explain how plastic surgeons work with colleagues in other disciplines, both within and outside the NHS, inside and outside the UK and how plastic surgery is commissioned and regulated

“We’re definitely in a time where the research is pretty clear about the negative impacts of idealised media and there’s a lot of research now showing that with Instagram, Facebook, and other digital platforms,” Atkinson says. “Those media outlets and big businesses have to show corporate responsibility in recognising that there are negative consequences and doing what they need to and what they can do to reduce that.”

danielhowell - 22 November 2019 02:17 AM

“We’re definitely in a time where the research is pretty clear about the negative impacts of idealised media and there’s a lot of research now showing that with Instagram, Facebook, and other digital platforms,” Atkinson says. “Those media outlets and big businesses have to show corporate responsibility in recognising that there are negative consequences and doing what they need to and what they can do to reduce that.”

“The problem with filters is that they all serve to conform or reinforce this idea of what we should be trying to achieve. So really whether it says on it ‘cosmetic’ or ‘plastic surgery’ in the filter name or not, what you’re putting out in the world and what other people are seeing is this idealised version of beauty and it becomes very hard for people to live in a world where they’re constantly seeing these perfect images.

Although I work quite extensively with eating disorders and people with body dysmorphia, I’m not in any way anti- anything that changes the way people look, including plastic surgery. But Laura’s story raised some red flags for me as a psychotherapist. I think she might have some self esteem issues due to the bullying at school, being called fat, and identifying with the bullies – she said at one point she started to believe them.

I just recently had my second ThermiSmooth treatment done around my eyes. The results have been remarkable and immediate. I could tell a difference after the 1st treatment, but after the second treatment is when I saw more drastic results. Years were shaved off of my eyes. The skin is so smooth and I’ve noticed that my even my makeup looks better after application, no creases in my concealer. I look more awake, vibrant, and all around younger. Absolutely no pain or discomfort during the procedure, just a warm sensation and eye twitching. I cannot wait for my 3rd procedure because I imagine that I will look like a teenager; or at least like I’m in my 20’s. Absolutely amazed with this technology. As always, the staff at Dr. Sadeghi’s office makes for a comfortable and fun experience. I always love seeing the smiling faces in his office. Check out the post right here https://www.linkedin.com/in/dr-ali-sadeghi-neworleans