The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Recommendations for a Quality Mini Skateboard Set-up

Hi Guys,
As the heading says, I am after some ideas on a decent quality Mini Board set up for my son, 9yrs old but only a little over 4 ft tall ☺
He has just started Skating ( 4 wks ) and doing quite well.
The board he is riding now, he bought himself, is a Deca Mini 7” × 29” Complete.
Thinking of going to a 7.25” - 7.5” ×29” for him.
I have changed the bearings and wheels as he has progressed.
So, are there any ” Better ” Complete Boards out there or should I be building up a Custom Set up?
Thanks
Ian

I wouldn’t be building a custom setup at that size (and age). You’ll get much better value with a complete. The key is sticking to reputable brands that put their completes together using only quality parts. Dwindle (Almost, Enjoi etc.) are usually very good. Take a look here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/store/youth-complete-skateboards (all of these are quality completes for kids). You’d probably end up paying close to double for similar quality if you buy everything separately.

People have shared the different recommendations. I assure you that these recommendations will help us to get the best out of it and you can also get coursework service if you facing same issue consistently. I appreciate them for sharing these posts with us. Hope so that they ill get the best out of it.