The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Board suggestions for all around rider

Hey peeps,

I’m in the market for a new board and with all the options out there, I need some pro advice.  I’m currently riding a pretty dated 155 Morrow twin tip (I’ve been focusing on getting my kids gear and now I’m ready to get myself a new ride).  I’ve been riding about 25 years and ride pretty hard on the whole mountain - trees, deep pow of Colorado, super pipe, park, and rails - pretty much all mountain depending on the conditions.  I’m a big fan of camber, stiffness, and twin tip since I like pipe and ride switch a lot.  There are boards with reviews that don’t particularly mention both powder riding AND park.  Can you guys help me out with some suggestions?

@Powwwgrl, have you considered a board with a CamRock profile? If you like the performance of camber but need float in powder, CamRock would be your best bet. You’ve got camber between your feet and rocker in the nose and tail. Generally, CamRock feels much more like a cambered board than other hybrid profiles, but you get the added performance in powder. I’d suggest looking at something like the Jones Twin Sister.

Then, if you want even more powder performance, you could even go for a more directional shape with CamRock. This will give you more float still. Something like the YES. Hel would be a great option.

Please let me know if you have any questions.