The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Ride Warpig Sizing help please

Good evening all,

This is my first post so please excuse me if this question has already been asked.

Just wondering if anyone can help me with the correct sizing for a Ride Warpig.

I’m 6’3, 103kg (without gear) and an early intermediate rider.

I need the board for Japan, Australia and New Zealand with a trip to the US every now and then.

I’m really confused about the sizing as the various forums across the snowboard review sites equally say I should be either a 154cm or 158cm.

Can anyone offer any help please?

Also, could anyone please explain the pro’s and con’s to going with the smaller or larger size?

For example, which would turn better, flat base etc…

Thanks in advance

Welcome to BOARDWORLD, @Ihall. ?

If you’re getting the War Pig you should be on the 158. At 6’3 and 103kg you’re going to want the bigger size, especially in Japan. 158 is still on the short size for you (if we’re talking regular board shapes), so it’s going to be maneuverable and fun to ride, but it will give you the most float possible. It gets its float capabilities from the taper, shape/width, and profile; so a 158 size is justifiable in this situation. But I would definitely rule out the 154 for sure!

In regards to pros and cons, bigger boards offer more float, pop/energy, carving performance, and stability at speed and on landings. Shorter boards are easier/quicker to turn and are more playful, but you sacrifice everything I mentioned previously to this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.