The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Board for both Powder/Park?

Hi everyone, I’m an intermediate snowboarder, looking for my 2nd board to add to the quiver!

I own a burton flying process V (2014) - 162cm…. It was a good beginner all-mountain board and I learned alot on it, but its mostly banged up now and I want a better board, both for local trips and for japow trips….

My stats:
5"11, 75kg, US size 10.5 boots.

Style Preference for this board
- light/flexy good for butter/pop (jumps and flat land tricks) , not a fan of rails though
- good for powder
- fun to ride!

I’ve been looking but it seems that most boards are only good for powder OR park, and not one that does both decently.  Also looking for a shorter board, maybe 154-156? My board is fun and stable for carving but sometimes I feel it is too long/heavy for park/tricks….

Thanks for any advice or suggestions! I’m ready to purchase, just need to have good options…

hey mate,

I just spent a week riding the YES Greats 154 at Falls Creek and all I can say is that it’s incredible!
Shout out to Jeremy for teeing up the demo for me! Thanks mate!

Holds edge well, stable at high speeds, it just carves!
also very playful, easy to butter and a ton of pop.

I can’t comment on how it rides in pow but it does have rocker in the tip and tail which should help with float.

Recommend you check it out!

Cheers,
Angelo

Hey @Inzayne, welcome to BOARDWORLD! ?

You could downsize to 156 for your park board for sure. Go much shorter and it won’t be great in pow, especially in Japan.

The real question is do you want it MORE geared for park or powder? Or right in the middle? There are options that cover the full spectrum.

Do you want a park board that handles powder OK? Do you want a powder board that handles park OK?

Straight away I’m thinking of boards like the YES. Standard and Jones Mountain Twin. Both are twins that are highly versatile and handle powder well. But there are so many options based on your exact preferences.

Please reply with more information and I’ll be able to get more specific with a recommendation.