The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

My new bindings hurt like a lot!

I recently bought new bindings from salomon (mirage to be exact if that helps at all I don’t really think it does haha) To the point in making and they hurt me like hell in my ankles and feet like someone is dropping weights on them. To be honest I know ALOT about the sport but don’t have too much knowledge when it comes to bindings spesifically. I know the pain is deffo not from my boots as I have been riding the same burton ones for a while now with no discomfort in the slightest. Is it that I need to change the angles of them or could it be just the binding itself?

Just to add I’ve ridden them about 5 times in my local snow dome and I want to sort this out before the season begins again.

Thanks grin

Welcome to BOARDWORLD, @ElzG!

Sorry to hear you’re having such painful issues with your bindings. That’s not good at all. ?

Your stance and binding settings might have something to do with it, although I think it’s unlikely to be the cause of such severe pain. But you might as well try setting them up as best as possible before deciding next steps.

Here’s a setup guide that covers some of what you’ll need to think about. How tall are you? Do you know what your stance width and binding angles are currently set at? What size boots do you wear and what size are the bindings?

A few things to consider:

Stance width
Binding angles
Ladder position (where the ladders attach to the binding)
Strap position (centring your straps to sit in the middle of your boot)
Highback forward lean (too much can dig into your calf)
Highback rotation (you want them parallel with the heel edge)

It sounds like you’re an experienced snowboarder so I doubt you’re strapping down too tight. Maybe try backing it off a bit, though, to see if it releases some of the pressure.

That all said, there’s a good chance it could just be the bindings. I don’t riding Salomon personally so I can’t really comment based on experience.