The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Is it possible????

Just wonderin how difficult it would be to have some sort of marker, that let’s ya know that your post will most likely be on the top of the following page????

I’ll ask nacho but I’m not sure how this would be done. So you mean something to let you know your post will be starting a new page and not following on from the previous page?

Yep that’s the one!!!!!

That way you can “Quote” post to make your post relevant!!!!! Might just be me but I’ve had to go back and copy/paste a quote every now and then because it has started a new page!!!!!

Just flows better when ya read the posts???? Or am I just the only one that thinks this way????  downer

How do you think we should notify the poster? How would we mark it? I think there lies the difficulty. If we have a notice thing pop up, it could get super annoying, especially to those who don’t really care about the feature. Thoughts?

Can it be on the last post that that page is displaying????

Say just a little contrasting coloured marker somewhere???? Like a red box the size of the green ones used under the avatars????

That could work. I’ll speak to nacho and see if we can come up with anything.

Yeah, only if you guys think that it’s worthwhile!!!!!

It’s worth looking at. We might be able to do something simple and effective. Probably not worth it if it’s going to take a lot of work. We have a list a mile long of new features we want to build. smile

sweet!!!!  shaka

Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2011 04:44 AM

Or am I just the only one that thinks this way????  downer

Theres something novel, Mizu and thinking LOL

I seriously thought you just typed without thought…........... you know like that weirdo on Oz has talent with the keyboard?  tongue wink

But in all seriousness, yes that would be a cool feature…............ maybe, um, not sure how it could work.

I have started reading a thread on a current page and have thought WTF? how did we get here?

Maybe the last post can be reposted on the new page? would that work?

Azz - 15 June 2011 05:21 AM
Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2011 04:44 AM

Or am I just the only one that thinks this way????  downer

Theres something novel, Mizu and thinking LOL

I seriously thought you just typed without thought…........... you know like that weirdo on Oz has talent with the keyboard?  tongue wink

raspberry That was my second thought since turning 43!!!!! I’m improving with age!!!!!

In the meantime Mizu, you can just look at the reply number on the grey bar above the post (that has Name, Date, and far right [ #11] )
there is 15 replys per page. So count startes after the topic starter. Page 1 has 16 items, and the rest 15

No one likes a smart arse !!!!!!

Now hurry up and do your Trip Report, I have questions !!!!!!!!! cool mad

haha, sorry! Was knackered yesterday after getting home late the night b4 and starting work at 7am yesterday. Tonight is the night. Promise! If I dont, you can throw a snowball square in my face at the shred!

Azz - 15 June 2011 05:38 AM

No one likes a smart arse !!!!!!

Apparently Spanish Cockell likes K2’s arse just the way it is!!!!!