The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Scooters in the Skatepark: We Ask the Pros

What do you think of scooters in the skatepark?

Sick production. Well done Box Head. cool smile

Hahahahahahaaa!!!!! Bit of Park Rage in that clip!!!!!

I don’t skate, but Cab has got a good perspective on the whole thing!!!!!

Haha. Very cool

I love how the pros are such good guys.

Yeah I get that scooters are a PIA, but it is a place for the grommets to start.

No different to the Mini Shred’s starting on skis really. Soon as they are big and strong enough, the board is underfoot and they never look back.

People get the shits with Esky Lidders and Goat Boaters in the surf too, but if they were ridin boards they would STILL be another number in the water!!!!!

If the scooter kids are gettin in the way it has nothin to do with what they are on, cause they are still gonna get in the way even if they are on a board!!!!!

Just like skiers, it doesn’t don’t bother me at all!!!!! The only time I have an issue is if they look down at someone for bein on a board!!!!!

my kids wont be starting on ski’s, boards from the start! im going to be a tiger woods type dad so can retire early,

The thing with scooters is they make cruising through skateparks super easy. It really doesn’t take much skill to balance and push on a scooter. And that’s fine. But what it means is there is a huge number of young kids that have no idea about the dangers in the skatepark. They don’t know the park rules, they don’t have any etiquette, and that puts them at risk. So skaters get frustrated when there are 20 scooter kids for every skater and they roll around blindly and put everyone at risk. If they want to use skateparks they should adhere to the same rules and etiquette skaters do.

exactly! i dont skate, but my mates blade and i have been with them a few times to take photos, hang out. and out of the 5 skaters, 2 bmx’ers, 3 bladers there was 20-25 scooter kids.

Out of those 20-25 there was 1 with any decent skill/etiquette at all. the kids were tere with their parents on the sidelines just cruising around, not looking at anyone else. i saw 4 kids leave crying after being hit by skateboards after thy cruised in front of a skater mid trick, a couple others getting dragged away by their parents cause they felt they would get hurt and a few parents having a go at skaters for almost hitting their kids on scooters.

its going to end with a little kid in hospital or worse soon.

Should get that guy from overseas….... DON’T DO IT IN THE PARK!

The same can be said about kids on skis or body boards!!!!!

We all just have to realize that we once would’ve been that new kid, and have a little bit of tolerance!!!!!

Laugh it off instead of gettin agro at em!!!!! How many times have ya seen a skater go and patiently explain to a scooter kid what the RULES of the park are????

I’d be guessin ZERO!!!!!!

Warren Chapstick - 15 June 2011 02:15 AM

Should get that guy from overseas….... DON’T DO IT IN THE PARK!

LOL That’ll get rid of everyone!!!!!

well at the one near me there is a big sign next to the entry gate, you literally cant not look at it before you enter, explaining rules.

deanobruce - 15 June 2011 02:20 AM

well at the one near me there is a big sign next to the entry gate, you literally cant not look at it before you enter, explaining rules.

How many Signs did you read as a 10 year old deano????

Damn sure that I didn’t pay attention to any!!!!! Hell, ya lucky to get me to read em now!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2011 02:23 AM

Damn sure that I didn’t pay attention to any!!!!! Hell, ya lucky to get me to read em now!!!!!

I bet ya didn’t, you didn’t eat your crust as a kid did you Mizu?

Warren Chapstick - 15 June 2011 02:26 AM
Mizu Kuma - 15 June 2011 02:23 AM

I bet ya didn’t, you didn’t eat your crust as a kid did you Mizu?

I got plenty of curly hairs!!!!! Just not on me head!!!!!

Hahahahahahaha LOL

Yeah all over ya back ya cave man…...