The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

SNOW Photography Contest - SoHe 2011

Jindabyne by Night, 26/06/11, f 3.5, 20 sec exposure. The light streaks are created with the light from my iphone

deanobruce - 04 July 2011 10:50 PM

that last shoot looks wicked! if that was super high res and a panorama id stick it on my wall

I took it with a little point and shoot, so full res is 3072 x 2304.

Welcome to Boardworld, lankyman. That’s a really cool photo, I love the lights of Jindy at night. Looking forward to seeing more from you.  cool smile

sweet photo mate

its not bad except for the lights of jindy have been over exposed

I like it lankyman!!!!!

And don’t worry about deano, he must of got out of the wrong side of the bed this mornin!!!!!

He didn’t even think that the Cute Things Explodin vid was funny!!!!! He needs a Pow Fix bad!!!!

Cheers guys. Glad you like it. Pretty stoked with the photo. Tried to get the exposure better on the lights but the trees and buildings become under exposed.

Cool photo Lankyman!
I like the colour of the sky from that exposure!

lankyman - 06 July 2011 04:22 AM

Cheers guys. Glad you like it. Pretty stoked with the photo. Tried to get the exposure better on the lights but the trees and buildings become under exposed.

Maybe you could have tried it with a smaller aperture wink

Here’s a couple more photos from the week that has been! Awesome sunny week followed by what now has been an epic storm!

T-bar Eclipse, Karels Tbar, Thredbo 30/06/11

Snow Angels, Thredbo nature walk, 06/07/11

Love the first shot, stevetoga. Great contrast and lighting.

spaz - 06 July 2011 05:09 AM

Thanks for the tip. I haven’t done much photography so it’s good to hear about different settings. I’ll give it a go.

f/18 exposure 0.6
Thredbo

lankyman - 06 July 2011 10:15 AM

Thanks for the tip. I haven’t done much photography so it’s good to hear about different settings. I’ll give it a go.

cool smile Smaller aperture means a larger numerical value eg:f/22 is small. That way less light comes through the lens. You wouldn’t need f/22 in your night shot, even just one stop smaller with the same settings could have improved the exposure. Not that I though your exposure was that bad, you’ll find almost every shot in this comp is a stop or two off.

lankyman - 06 July 2011 10:15 AM

cool smile Smaller aperture means a larger numerical value eg:f/22 is small. That way less light comes through the lens. You wouldn’t need f/22 in your night shot, even just one stop smaller with the same settings could have improved the exposure. Not that I though your exposure was that bad, you’ll find almost every shot in this comp is a stop or two off.