The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Flying squirrel contest.

Aidy - 10 June 2011 07:55 AM

as far as i’m concerned, a flying squirrel is front hand performing a method style grab, either heel edge between the bindings or just outside and then the back hand performing a mirror imaged version.  basically do a method then do a switch method (ie. use the other hand and ride switch) and then do them both at the same time.  If you imagine what this would look like it’s not so different to the position people take when flying wing suits or in fact squirrals in flight!  Jeremy props for putting up a prize and I can’t wait for some photos…..especially of mizu!

Meat curtains I understand to be both hands through your legs from front to back then grabbing the heel edge.  Double roast beef, but their name is way better!

So my picture earlier is correct?

shaka

Mizu Kuma - 10 June 2011 01:57 AM

I could do a “flyin Mizu”!!!!!

Its basically where I leave the surface of the snow, and then grab my eyelids with both hands!!!!

LOL hahaha!

Can I have everybody’s season passes when they’re no longer needed????  smirk

tjswish - 10 June 2011 09:09 AM
Aidy - 10 June 2011 07:55 AM

as far as i’m concerned, a flying squirrel is front hand performing a method style grab, either heel edge between the bindings or just outside and then the back hand performing a mirror imaged version.  basically do a method then do a switch method (ie. use the other hand and ride switch) and then do them both at the same time.  If you imagine what this would look like it’s not so different to the position people take when flying wing suits or in fact squirrals in flight!  Jeremy props for putting up a prize and I can’t wait for some photos…..especially of mizu!

Meat curtains I understand to be both hands through your legs from front to back then grabbing the heel edge.  Double roast beef, but their name is way better!

So my picture earlier is correct?

Not exactly, if the guy in the picture grabbed his board behind his left binding with his left hand as well, that for me would be a flying squirrel.  I agree if you put it into google you get a few similar one handed versions but without getting to involved with the actual name I’m really talking about grabbing with both hands on the heel edge at the same time.  Could SSX tricky really be wrong surely not!

Can’t wait to see some pics!!

Oh, definately has to be two handed. Thought that pic he was but was just out of sight. Maybe I looked at it wrong

Yeah, it looks as though he has???? Pretty damn close if he hasn’t!!!!!

Rick0889 - 10 June 2011 08:49 AM

haha yeah no air bags, also beef curtains is heel edge with both your hands but through your legs i think antisense smile

rgr ^_^

my mistake, I thought that thing coming out of his face was his hand but you’re right he’s got the squirrel going there!  The question now is what the hell that thing is!  I think i’ve seen similar on an earwig?

Dreadlocks?

Aidy - 10 June 2011 01:44 PM

my mistake, I thought that thing coming out of his face was his hand but you’re right he’s got the squirrel going there!  The question now is what the hell that thing is!  I think i’ve seen similar on an earwig?

All will be Forgiven Aidy!!!! On the proviso you produce a shot of you in a Corked Flyin Squirrel!!!!!

Even though I won’t get to shred for five months at the very least I have been considering the best way to do this trick.  I guess the fronside 180 version is the first one to pop into mind but I’d worry about losing it over the front.  To stop that you could instead go with it and do a frontflip but i’d be well out of my depth there and i’m struggling to even visualise it.  Perhaps the backflip version could be done…coming out switch…..better be lots of pow….......basically it’s hard so good luck to all of you lucky enough to be shredding this season and hopfully flying like squirrels!

I rekin you would have to f1 off the toes

Jaha worst spellin eva

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 11 June 2011 04:49 AM

I rekin you would have to f1 off the toes

Jaha worst spellin eva

What’s the beer count up to????

I hope Billy isn’t packin an Artline!!!!

Billys bailed. Only 3 cos gotta move my car later into overnight. Just Waitin before I can drive now. Called quits on riding for the day,weather is turning. Could type b4 cos hands were frozen