The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Vox?

are Vox any good ?

Depends…
u mean vox shoes?if it’s that then I would say no.
I’ll say Nike and Dvs.

Yeah….,  im not really into motorcross so Nike and Dvs arnt going to be cool, what about Fallen or Emerica

Fallen are definitely one of my favourites. They last and some of the new models are really good. Rival flex and The Pawns.

Vox do have some good shoes, I had some in the past and like them, the only thing was it took a bit of time to break them in at the start.

Emerica have some good models, I just find the soles wear pretty quick. Comfy shoes though.

C J Parker - 20 July 2011 08:22 AM

Fallen are definitely one of my favourites. They last and some of the new models are really good.

True that. I’ve had a few pairs of Fallens in a row now and they always seem to last well (3-4 months of skating 4-5 days a week). I haven’t seen any Voxs in shops in a while now, but my friends who rock them say they’re pretty good.

I got given some janoskis by my mum, the guy in fast times said they are the best skate shoe ever, i dont know who he is but he is a liar, they are rubbish they have already fallen apart and they are uncomfortable, ive had better globes and they suck right

It’s funny with the Janoski’s. Most people have shredded them pretty quick, but there are these guys that swear they are the best shoe ever. To be honest I am not a fan, so I am not going to get a pair.
ff=66 your mum must be spewing that you have already trashed them.

my mum is really not happy, there expensive, i told here i didnt want nikes but she listened to the shop guy and not me, my dad is annoyed to, i told him i wanted proper skate shoes, does anyone know if i can take them back?

Unfortunately no. Skate shoes are the unfortunate souls in our battle for absolute skate utopia.
The sad thing is some guys in store only recommend their personal preferances.
Next time you should try and go with your mum to get shoes. That way its you trying them on and the final decision is yours and shop guys can’t really change that.

Bummed!

C J Parker - 26 July 2011 09:29 AM

the final decision is yours and shop guys can’t really change that.

Mum can downer

True, the bank can always have final say.

ff=66 - 20 July 2011 05:12 AM

Yeah….,  im not really into motorcross so Nike and Dvs arnt going to be cool, what about Fallen or Emerica

Nike Sb‘s aren’t proper skateboarding shoes? (Let’s ask Eric Koston)
Dvs doesn’t sell skateboarding shoes? (Now let’s ask Torey Pudwill)

If you have some preferred brands then ask about them specifically. Don’t try to make me look a fool here.
This is a skateboarding thread so it’s obvious that we are talking about skateboarding shoes.

Peace.

Onixraul1 - 02 August 2011 01:18 AM
ff=66 - 20 July 2011 05:12 AM

Nike Sb‘s aren’t proper skateboarding shoes? (Let’s ask Eric Koston)
Dvs doesn’t sell skateboarding shoes? (Now let’s ask Torey Pudwill)

If you have some preferred brands then ask about them specifically. Don’t try to make me look a fool here.
This is a skateboarding thread so it’s obvious that we are talking about skateboarding shoes.

Peace.

Hey Onix, sorry i wasnt trying to make you look like a fool its just where i live all the moto idiots wear Nike, Dvs and Osiris so i try to avoid them

The thing is that i was specificly asking about a brand, thats why i called the thread Vox?

For all i know you could be coming form the surf, snow or even girl forums

I think that Eric Koston is legendary but a sell out and hes on Girl so i dont like him, Torey pudwill does some mind blowing tricks but does them so ugly i want to burn my eye out so i dont like him either

Sorry if i annoyed you, i reaaly am, lets be friends

ff

Skateboarding has become very different in the last few years. Brands that would not normally have been in skating have jumped on board. The life spand of these brands sticking around is unsure, but if they stay on when skating goes into its down again props to them.
DVS has been around for so long now, Daewon really help people realise they were legit. From what I understand billabong has gotten their hands on the distribution of the footwear in Australia. So I don’t know how it is going to affect the brand in the long run.