The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bali

Just got back from 7 days in Bali, unfortunately not a lot of swell while we were there so only got to surf Uluwatu which was still ok although pretty crowded.  We stayed in Kerobokan about 5 mins from Seminyak in an awesome villa.  Whenever we weren’t surfing we were pretty much sitting in pool bars drinking or eating out in restaurants or taking the girls shopping.  There is a lot to see and do there and really only scratched the surface of the place I think. 

Hiring a scooter and fanging around on that is something you have to do, experience the local traffic firsthand, one word of warning, do not ever stop for the police, corrupt farkers that just want your cash, we got chased 4 times but got away every time, they gave up after about 500m, very funny.

Unless your staying at or very near to Ulu’s you’re probably better off getting a driver like we did to take you there and back, cost about $45 for the day split between two of was fine and no dramas with the cops that way.  The drive from where we were was pretty long and would have been way too easy to get lost otherwise.

We went into Kuta for one night, that joint is a dump and probably best avoided unles you’re single and looking to pick up.  Anyway here’s a couple of pics from the trip.  The goofy footer is a mate and I’m the natural, all the surf pics were taken by the locals who snap away all day and then you buy em from them when you get out on a disc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

nice!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nice stuff nthn!!!!!

Ya mate possesses a wicked hack there!!!!!  cool grin

He used to do the junior series when he was younger, not sure about the QS but he definitely still goes alright ha ha!

Nice work mate, looks and sounds awesome! Keen to get over there after I get a bit more practice!

looks like there was enough swell to have a sick time! good photos aswell!

Be there in 6 days cannot wait!!!

I wanted to go there for schoolies but the rents said noooo :(

looks nice and clean

im heading there mid 2013, any suggestions in the Kuta region?

Don’t stay anywhere near Kuta is my opinion bud!

Don’t know how I missed this thread. Great stuff, nthn. :ccolsmile:

nthnbeachesguy - 24 August 2012 05:12 AM

Don’t stay anywhere near Kuta is my opinion bud!

hahaha yeah ill be keeping my distance thats for sure!

Take the scoot ferry over to Nusa Lembongan and the Gilis….and maybe even over to Lombok. Kuta on Lombok has some sweet waves around….or at least head over to the Sanur side of the coast, away from Kuta!

shaka
Never been to bali - so want to.

How much they charge for the photo disc?