The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

skate shoes

hey can anyone help me out. im trying to buy like a good pair of skate shoes that will last a while. at the moment im riding reynold 3’s and i have had them 3 months and they are completely shredded with holes everywhere. everyone round me is like oh get janoskies get janokies but i know people who have ripped theirs after three weeks. does any know of a sturdy long lasting shoe?

hi mate..
ive just skated the absolute crap out of nike 6.0s
i really destroy shoes,boards,trucks, anything to do with skateboarding.
i can say the nike 6.0 have with stand all of my destruction.
they were bought for me direct from nike i.d online were you can design your own shoe.
its $$$$ but they lasted like 5-6 months no shit.
check out my video mitch faber under the sun on youtube and all the footy im wearing the shoes.
any way good luck hope that helps.
mitch faber

Agree with Mitch. 6.0’s are awesome. My pair lasted 5 months no problem, the sole went before anything else.
They are quite stiff for a while but then loosed up a little. In terms of rideability I always loved ES excell
but they get shredded pretty quick.
Nike are quite good, but always look for a more leather style (synthetic) shoe with triple stitching.
A good trick is to get some super glue firstly and glue your stiching so it doesn’t get shredded,
then go for a full thrash for a day and come back and put a little on the main thrash points,
this will make it last very very long.
Hope this was helpful.

At the moment I have been rocking some Fallens. Mostly the pawns with the flex soles. These things are great, they have a cup sole and flex really easy straight out of the box. Such a great shoe that I have stock piled them. Another one is the Rival flex which have the same sole as the Pawn but slightly different upper but still kick ass.
Some other good shoes are Dekline and DC has changed up their shoes a bit to fit in the nice looking shoe market place now.

ok cool. i hate how the nike 6.0s are being worn buy lads around sydney now and they are seen more of a street shoe round where i live haha. what about vans? i had a pair a while ago that lasted ages but i hadnt really been that in to them. i was also looking at the nike prods but does anyone know like how long they last?

Vans are alright some of them I feel like I am going to break my ankles in them cause of the lack of support.
The P Rods look good but the sole is stiff so kinda hard to break in. Habitat is doing some interesting footwear at the moment too, but I haven’t skate them yet.
Personally I love Fallen but am open to new footwear that fit and skates well.
E’S Accel are some pretty dope shoes as well.

what model of fallen’s are you riding atm?

The Pawns, Billy Marks pro model.

If you can’t find them the Rival flex is good too. Jamie Thomas pro model.

Also the DC Match has been getting some great hype as well.

Once again a cup soled shoe.

I knew a lot of guys that had great success with ADIO Kenny Anderson’s!!!!!

The hidden lace loops and large rubber toe cap made for good durability!!!!!

I don’t think that they make em anymore, so ya might score a pair on sale somewhere?????

This is the DC Match, can’t load up the fallen ones at the moment.

Are you able to buy them at STM?

DC Match is available. Unfortunately the Fallens aren’t at the moment.

ok. thanks for all the help. will defs be in STM sometime soon checking them out. and @mitch i checked out your video and that was so sick man. so much flow and such a good edit. great job!!

thanks for watching dude…..
good luck with finding a pair that suits you and your budget.
ive been skating for 13 years and sometimes its best to just try new brands all the time till you find the right brand for you.
because everyone skates different and that means the shoe will react different depending who is riding them.
so the end of the day its up to you..

laters

Dear Fallen please get some good cupsoles. Thanks.