The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Creative Cooking - Share your favourite recipes!

blizzard_22 - 15 May 2011 07:40 AM

BBQ sauce on a pizza is the bomb diggity!! I won’t have pizza with any other sauce!

SO TRUE!

Mizu doesn’t know what he is talking about.

Here is a recipe for you.

needs to be smokey bbq sauce. so much better than normal bbq sauce

tjswish - 16 May 2011 12:44 AM
blizzard_22 - 15 May 2011 07:40 AM

BBQ sauce on a pizza is the bomb diggity!! I won’t have pizza with any other sauce!

SO TRUE!

Mizu doesn’t know what he is talking about.

I have seen pictures of the dreadlock hair style that ya were/still had/have TJ!!!!!

So I know where your taste is comin from!!!!!  tongue wink >>>>>

All gone now. Have short normalish hair again! smile

tjswish - 16 May 2011 02:52 AM

All gone now. Have short normalish hair again! smile

And soon you’ll realize that BBQ Sauce on pizza is also crap!!!!!  LOL

Just cooked up dinner for tonight!!!!

Carrot and Tomato Soup (Doesn’t sound very appetisin, but it’s good shit for sure!!!!!)

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 med brown onions chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 kg carrots chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 Lrg can chopped tomatoes
3 cups chicken stock (Home made is best)
1 teaspoon nigella seeds (Optional)
salt & pepper
Chopped parsley

Fry up the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large saucepan/stock pot, until onion is soft and clear

Add carrots and curry powder, and stir until it seems as though the curry is startin to burn in the bottom of the pot (This is important to bring out the flavour in the curry)

Add the Tomatoes and Chicken Stock, then simmer away for 30-40 mins

Let it cool for a while, then puree in a blender/food processor (I don’t hit it too much cause a slightly thicker texture is what I like!!!!! Each to their own!!!!)

Return to the pot, add nigella seeds, salt, pepper and parsley and reheat gently!!!!!

Serve it up with some warm crusty bread and ya favourite drink!!!!!  cool grin

BEST recipe!

Chicken & Mushroom Vol-au-vents

600g diced chicken breast
250g mushrooms sliced or diced
1 1/2 cups milk
2 sachets of cream of mushroom soup
2 sachets of cream of chicken soup
2 tablespoons of parsley chopped

Cook chicken in a frying pan until cooked through.
Add mushrooms and cook for 2 mins.
Combine milk with soup mixes (may need to add a little extra milk because it gets VERY thick when cooking) then pour into pan.
Stir in parsley.

Scoop mixture into vol-au-vent pastries and bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes.

OMG, BEST!!!

Mizu Kuma - 24 August 2011 07:15 AM

Just cooked up dinner for tonight!!!!

Carrot and Tomato Soup (Doesn’t sound very appetisin, but it’s good shit for sure!!!!!)

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 med brown onions chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 kg carrots chopped
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 Lrg can chopped tomatoes
3 cups chicken stock (Home made is best)
1 teaspoon nigella seeds (Optional)
salt & pepper
Chopped parsley

Fry up the onion and garlic in the olive oil in a large saucepan/stock pot, until onion is soft and clear

Add carrots and curry powder, and stir until it seems as though the curry is startin to burn in the bottom of the pot (This is important to bring out the flavour in the curry)

Add the Tomatoes and Chicken Stock, then simmer away for 30-40 mins

Let it cool for a while, then puree in a blender/food processor (I don’t hit it too much cause a slightly thicker texture is what I like!!!!! Each to their own!!!!)

Return to the pot, add nigella seeds, salt, pepper and parsley and reheat gently!!!!!

Serve it up with some warm crusty bread and ya favourite drink!!!!!  cool grin

The finished product!!!!! Shit pic, but I can’t take it again cause it’s in my belly!!!!!  red face

TJswish - 16 May 2011 12:47 AM

Here is a recipe for you.

TJ you legend!
I love their videos! so funny! especially that one where he tenderizers the meat by slamming his head into it!

Reviving a really old thread here! But I just got my hands on a Thermomix (for a couple weeks anyway!) and was wondering if anyone else had one, and any good recipes to share?!

Other than dinner porridge LOL

I have one.

Excellent for quick soups.

If you’ve got the steamer baskets you can do steamed veg, fish etc.
I quite like to cook a steak on the stove, do baby potatoes for the rest of the family in the steamer basket that sits inside the bowl, and layers and layers of veg steamed up top.

There’s some great baking recipes in the main book that comes with it - family favourites are the chocolate cake, banana walnut loaf, whole orange cake.

The thermomix coleslaw with apple is good.

I’ve had success with the meals - spag bol, beef strog etc…but the reality is it’s not got enough quantity for 7 big meals.  Once a few of the boys leave home it’ll be awesome, so it’ll work for you.

blizzard_22 - 01 July 2015 05:08 PM

Reviving a really old thread here! But I just got my hands on a Thermomix (for a couple weeks anyway!) and was wondering if anyone else had one, and any good recipes to share?!

Other than dinner porridge LOL

My mum has one, shes made some pretty good meals with it when i have gone over for dinner.

Dont know any though, lol.

My favourite kitchen tools, are my Crock pot, Dehydrator, Mincer/Saussage maker, and Pie maker.

The other day got some chicken drumsticks, and diced bacon from woolies.
Chucked it in the crock pot with a few cups of water and chicken stock.
Cooked for 5hrs, serparated meat and liquid, meat in a big bowl.
Reduced the liquid, and added some roast greavy mix.
Mixed gravy and meat, then added to pies in the pie maker.

so tasty.

Just bought a deli slicer, so am making some new batches of jerky.
Also getting a smoker soon, so smoked jerky and saussages comming.

*drool*

Bought a deli slicer recently, so decided to make a batch of jerky.
Tried something a little different and went with a full wet flavouring this time.

Bought a pork roast (shoulder i think), and a beef roast.
Also got some roo steaks, and chicken breasts.

Chucked em in the freezer for a while. Then sliced em up about 2-3mm thick.
Put all the slices into tubs of soy sauce for two days.
Then lay them out on the dehydrator, and painted them on one side with a 50/50 mix of BBQ, and Sriracha sauce.
Left it for 24hrs on high.

Came out like crispy waffers of deliciousness.

Will post a pic later if i remember. (and it lasts the night at work)

Damn, I still gotta get me that dehydrator!!!!!

And I’ve been itchin to get a slicer too!!!!! Whenever I smoke some beef, I wanna slice it paper thin, and I’m normally half tanked when it’s cooked!!!!! LOL

What brand slicer, drifter????? Any good????? Would ya recco, or buy a different one next round?????