The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Creative Cooking - Share your favourite recipes!

Hey Chefs!

I really enjoy cooking these days (I enjoy eating even more). To be honest, I’m quite experimental with my cooking. I rarely stick to a conventional recipes; even if I follow a recipe I usually change something along the way. Now that my better half is out of action with her shoulder, I am presented with the opportunity to run wild in the kitchen.

Please share your favourite recipes with me so I can take myself on a culinary adventure!

With Winter startin to kick in over here, stews casseroles and soups are on the menu at the Kuma House!!!!!

Last nights dinner -

~ Porcupine Rissoles ~

1/2 kg lean beef mince
3/4 cup rice
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 medium onion (diced)
6 cloves garlic
1 egg
2 tsp chives
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary

Mix all of these ingredients well and make rissoles (meat balls) to whatever size ya like.
Brown in olive oil in a shallow pan (Do not cook through, only brown the out side)

Then place rissoles into a casserole dish, along with;

1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can tomato puree
1 cup of white wine (Good drinking wine!!!! I don’t like white wine so I use whatever Mrs Mizu likes!!!!)
2 tbls tomato paste
2 tsp smoked paprika
5 bay leaves
3 tbls good olive oil
1 tsp finely ground white pepper
1/2 tsp salt

Then gently stir (So as not to smash the rissoles) and place in an oven @ 170 Celsius for about 3 hours.

You will have to stir it gently every 20-30 mins, and if necessary you might have to add a little water due to the rice absorbing the liquid.

Serve with ya favourite steamed vegie’s and some warm crust bread!!!!

Sounds delicious! I will have to give this one a go. Thanks for sharing, mate.

Smoked paprika… hmmm I’ll have to see what I can find. Regular paprika should work, yeah?

rider26 - 14 May 2011 03:50 AM

Sounds delicious! I will have to give this one a go. Thanks for sharing, mate.

Smoked paprika… hmmm I’ll have to see what I can find. Regular paprika should work, yeah?

Smoked Paprika is the bomb!!!!! Having said that, a sweet paprika will be good!!!!

This is an old family recipe.

Peanut Butter Squares

Melt together:  1 ½ cup peanut butter
              1 ½ cup butter
Add: 3 ¾ cup icing sugar
      2 ¼ cup honey graham crumbs

Pat on a cookie sheet. Let cool in a freezer

Melt together: 2 ½ cup chocolate chips
              3 tbsp. butter

Pour on top of base. Cut into squares immediately. Let cool in a freezer.

It calls for graham cracker which Australia doesn’t have, you can the arnott cookies.

I tried to make chinese stuffed peppers with minced pork and shrimp yesterday, honestly it was the most disgusting thing i’ve tasted in as long as i can remember.  I know it sounds like an appalling combination but it was from a recipe book, a good one, the other chinese meals have been very nice.

I made flank steak fajitas for lunch today. The recipe isn’t too creative but they were delicious!

Ingredients:

Flank steak
4 white mushrooms
1 onion
1 green capsicum (aka green pepper)
ginger soy sauce
Fajita bread (we used spinach and garlic/herb)
1 fresh avocado
Grated cheddar and mozzarella cheese
Fresh lettuce
Pre-made salsa
Chilli sauce (if desired)
Lemon juice

I fried one onion (chopped) and four white mushrooms (sliced) in ginger soy sauce. I cooked the green capsicum in thin slices, then added the thin flank steak slices (already cooked to medium rare), and cooked with ginger soy cause until the steak was cooked through.

The avocado was mashed and mixed with lemon juice. The fajita bread was heated up in the oven.

The warm fajita bread was taken out of the oven, the steak & capsicum and mushroom & onions were added, then guacamole, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and chilli sauce added to personal preference. Wrap it up and voila… buon appetito!

Mmmmmmmm…..............

Here’s an easy one for when ya have pre dinner drinks!!!!!

~ Beetroot Dip ~

1/2 can baby beetroot drained (About 250grms)
1/4 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
1 clove garlic crushed
1-2 tsp water

Whack it all in a food processor and blend till smooth (Add water to desired consistency)

Season to taste

Serve with bread sticks, crackers, whatever!!!!!

I’m not much of a chef really, but I love making my own pizza.

Shred a BBQ Chicken (from woollies or coles)

Get a pizza base, cover in BBQ sauce, cover in shredded cheese, chicken, mushrooms, more cheese more bbq sauce. DONE!

BBQ sauce on a pizza!!!!! That pastime should be Banned!!!!!  sick

Should make ya own base as well!!!!! Nothin beats home made!!!!!

BBQ sauce on a pizza is the bomb diggity!! I won’t have pizza with any other sauce!

Another great dip is spinach dip!! Yum

1 cob loaf (unsliced)
1 cup whole egg mayo
1 cup sour cream
2 pks of Continental Spring Vegetable dry soup mix
1/2 small pack of frozen spinach (finely chopped - approx 1 cup)

Optional: water chestnuts/spring onions

Mix mayo and sour cream together, then add soup mix. Defrost spinach (make sure all excess water is squeezed out) and add to mix.
Hollow out the inside of a cob loaf (tear up removed bread to use for dipping) and pour dip into loaf….

Sooo good! Easy but tastes awesome…

Easy peasy Mars Bar Slice

3 cups Rice Bubbles
3 x 65g Mars Bars
90g Butter

Cut butter and mars bars
On low heat—> melt together
Tip onto rice bubbles and mix
Tip into slice tray and place in fridge
Cut when cool

Optional: When slice is cool, tip melted chocolate over the top and place in fridge. Cut when cool

Billy - 15 May 2011 11:06 AM

Another great dip is spinach dip!! Yum

1 cob loaf (unsliced)
1 cup whole egg mayo
1 cup sour cream
2 pks of Continental Spring Vegetable dry soup mix
1/2 small pack of frozen spinach (finely chopped - approx 1 cup)

Optional: water chestnuts/spring onions

Mix mayo and sour cream together, then add soup mix. Defrost spinach (make sure all excess water is squeezed out) and add to mix.
Hollow out the inside of a cob loaf (tear up removed bread to use for dipping) and pour dip into loaf….

Sooo good! Easy but tastes awesome…

we have that all the time! its soo good!

blizzard_22 - 15 May 2011 07:40 AM

BBQ sauce on a pizza is the bomb diggity!! I won’t have pizza with any other sauce!

Agreed. BBQ chicken pizza is the bomb! Yum!