The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What is your favourite trick?

I can be something simple like a straight air or a grab..

What is your favourite trick on a snowboard??

My favourite trick is big straight airs, no grab. Yeeeeew.

Big backside 180 with a nose grab or a melon smile

To watch - a big BS1

To do - hard to say. Last season I really loved rewind/shifty type stuff. Either tail chop reverts on slow signs or whatever, or shifty rewinds off kickers. Or, if I’m feeling extra snazzy, a nollie shifty rewind. Man I love nollies!

The best feeling trick has to be a big, floaty backside 180.

i agree on the feeling of the back 1.. so amazing

but what I started crushing on hard this year was cab 3s… something about pressing out the first 90 as much as possible and snapping the spin off the lip.. love it.

I was so temped to say Cab 3…

Ahhh. For sure probably a big fat method grad for sure.. they look super steeeezy are a basic necessity for sure!

Hmm im also going to say front 1’s are dope too.. Just float that shit.. Uber cool smile

I just like backflips. Especially when there really clean.

Or a Cab 5

I’m going to have to say that Back 1’s are so stylish.. I’m a big fan of watching the top chick pro riders do massive methods.. keep an eye out for the new STANCE movie and PEEP SHOW.. the girls a killing it.. one could say even more stylish than some of the lads out there..

+1 for the big back 1.

Another trick I love is a front boardslide or various combinations. Nothing beats the feeling of sliding a rail knowing you have it on lockdown.

BS1 wins.

Nollie BS1 on flat is fun, or down a drop is a unique feeling.

A nice variation on that… switch tailpress to cab 180. You can do it straight after the back 180. Imagine nosepress to back 180, land in a switch tailpress and pop off the back foot into a cab 180. A lot of fun on the flats… so many combinations.

switch straight airs are the best feeling trick, especially if you have body aligned slightly switch so facing up hill a bit and holding that position all the way through the air then landing flat base or a little off the toes feels so good.

and nollies YES, so so fun. nollie shifties of rollers, nollie indy nosebone and nollie methods, so tight.

oh and frontside 180s was mentioned too, that trick when done right looks and feels so right.confidently looking at the landing the whole time.

rocket airs are a fun one too, they look sick in spins too but I am yet to pull that off.

rider26 - 06 July 2009 03:47 AM

A nice variation on that… switch tailpress to cab 180. You can do it straight after the back 180. Imagine nosepress to back 180, land in a switch tailpress and pop off the back foot into a cab 180. A lot of fun on the flats… so many combinations.

This can really open up another topic of fun flat land tricks and combinations.
possibilities are endless, but it is good practice before taking it to the rails and boxes.

I have to vote bs180 too. such a timeless and stylish trick.