The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Custom Insoles in VIC?

Hey all

I’m planning for next season. Some background: the last few years have been extremely painful in the arch area when riding. I barely manage 20-30 mins before the arch burn takes me out for a few days.

I’ve tried new boots, bindings, padding, mods, podiatrist orthotics I wear normally, Superfeet, Gamechangers and the like.

While I’m months out though, I’d like to give it at least another shot, ditch the off-the-shelf stuff and get some proper insoles/footbeds (in addition to a hardcore exercise regime to strengthen the feet).

After research I found out that custom insoles aren’t necessarily the same as orthotics and may solve the problem. Does anyone know any mobs in VIC that could make these for me?

I can’t help you with Melbourne however ESS Erina are all over custom insoles sounds like you really need them, you might want to give them a call and ask if they can recommend someone in Melbourne. I ride with Sidas 3Feet insoles in my Nike Lunarendor with great results have been riding them for over 100 days with no issues. You might be able to find a pair of Lunarendors on Ebay or the next option is a Nitro Team boot for a similar fit.
Good luck.

Hi Nigel, thank you for the info I will definitely contact ESS Erina. My current boots are DC Unit 2013 which I bought NOS, and previous to that Burton Moto’s.  Quite happy to ditch them to solve this issue. I’m still pretty noob, so this is blunting progression.

Why do you recommend the Lunarendors in particular?

Also merry xmas and happy new year all

The Lunarendors are such a great fitting boot I have done over 100 days in these boots with no pain at all, I am about to do my third trip to Japan in these boots and never get cold feet. I possibly think you might not need custom insoles as the boots you have been riding are entry level and that might be the issue, get a pair of these or the Nitro Team Boot and I think your feet will be good.