The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pre Japan trip workout

So I’m off to Japan in just over 11 weeks and thought it would be a good time to get into snowboard shape as i haven’t ridden in 12 months.

Just wondering if anyone has any good workouts? I was thinking of doing a cross fit type work out with a bunch of leg exercises and some yoga thrown in there for flexibility.

Open to suggestions!

Cheers legends!

couple years ago I was riding my mountain bike at least one or twice a week 20km trips. built the legs up strong for that winter.
also try crab walking with resistance band around your ankles to build up your glutes.
swimming is good for a general workout of muscles and good cardio.

brenno - 07 November 2017 03:31 PM

also try crab walking with resistance band around your ankles to build up your glutes.

that kills!  but it must be doing a lot of good stuff thinking

I reckon crossfit style workouts would be good - cardio and strength both good. Extra focus on core and legs probably also good, and keep the stretching up to help avoid injuries.

All of these tips are great, super handy and simple.

Stretching is a huge part, you need to remember that mass or general muscle strength isn’t going to be as beneficial as training your stabiliser muscles.
Ankle, shoulder knee and core strength is basically the most beneficial groups to work.

Start by balancing on 1 foot then slowly start progressing as they don’t become hard to balance anymore. Add squatting on the one leg, then hold that squat and use your hand to touch the ground making an arc around the front of your body. This will increase your ability to land tricks ALOT and reduce the chance of you twisting in your boots and bringing your season to an end!
Start using a wobble board or an old skate deck on a frozen 2l coke bottle to keep challenging yourself.