The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Worried that my bindings are too small for my boots? ADVICE?

Hi guys n gals,

Need some advice as I recently decided to upgrade my gear. I should have gotten my boots and then buy my bindings but from the discussions i’ve seen about this topic, sometimes it is difficult as there is no standard in terms of sizing and boot footprint etc.

Anyways I have a pair of Adidas Tactical ADV boots in Size US8.5 and Burton Cartel bindings
2017 size small (US 6-8). I am a bit worried that the Cartels are too small for my boot even though the Tacticals have a very small footprint. I have pushed the toe slide up to max settings and adjusted the straps for a good fit but seems like the toe is jutting out just a bit far. My question to the boardworld community is should I have gone up a size to mediums (US 8-11) instead? Or do you peeps reckon it should be fine?

The board i’m riding is a 153cm Rossignol One Magtek with a 250mm waist width.

On that note I do have a RED pair of K2 Lien AT’s in large (US 8-11) the toe doesn’t protrude as much as the Cartels (maybe by about a 1CM or so) but I really need to pull down the ratchets fully on my toe straps to get it all dialed in.

See pics of what i mean. The K2’s are the red bindings. Cartels in black.

Many thanks
Danny

Hey @SnowBoi,

You look fine on the footbed. I wouldn’t worry about that. The main issue would be getting the boot to fit in the heelcup (which you didn’t mention so I assume this is fine), and lengthening the straps enough to work with your boot. I would test this WITH your foot in the boot as this will change the volume. If the boot fits well in the heelcup and the straps work OK, then you should be good to go. It’s always better to fit into a smaller binding if possible, provided it works for your boots.