The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding in Australia | Mount Buller 2017

It’s officially winter in Australia, so I took a trip to the Aussie snow for a few days of snowboarding at Mount Buller. Only a few hours from Melbourne, I spent my trip snowboarding in terrain parks and trees, and watching summit sunsets after bluebird days from the peak of Mt Buller.

Hope you enjoy! Also if you’ve been to Buller let me know what you thought about it. The snow in Australia was definitely different than what I’m used to back home in Canada.

Hey @StrayWithSar,

Good video, for 7 minutes long i actually stayed and watched all of it. (I normally don’t go over 3 mins with snow videos due to people quitting before it’s done). Well done on that board. Looked like a rental.

That lady at the bottom of the park was so bad and Buller is so busy. I love how you say it was empty… come up to Falls Creek and you’ll see way emptier than some of those scenes in your video haha.

Where did you ride back in Canada? A lot of the members here have been to Canada but mainly to BC and Alberta.

Welcome to Boardworld, @StrayWithSar! shaka

rider26 - 31 August 2017 10:29 AM

Welcome to Boardworld,

Thanks!

TJswish - 31 August 2017 09:55 AM

Hey

Good video, for 7 minutes long i actually stayed and watched all of it. (I normally don’t go over 3 mins with snow videos due to people quitting before it’s done). Well done on that board. Looked like a rental.

That lady at the bottom of the park was so bad and Buller is so busy. I love how you say it was empty… come up to Falls Creek and you’ll see way emptier than some of those scenes in your video haha.

Where did you ride back in Canada? A lot of the members here have been to Canada but mainly to BC and Alberta.

Hey TJ, thanks for sticking around and watching it all. Funny story about the board, my friend had an old deck with broken flow bindings on it so I went out and bought a pair of Burton bindings that were missing a toe strap for $30, then got a new strap by asking a snow shop if they had any extra parts and then put that all together.

Maybe it just seemed empty to me because my only point of reference had been the two days before when I said that. Would love to visit Falls but unfortunately don’t have a car, so we’ll see.

Back home I actually ride an American mountain near the border. It’s called Jay Peak and it’s in Vermont. Definitely not the Rockies but their glades are really good and seasons passes are dirt cheap for college kids.

No worries, I figured that would be the case. The shops in Aus (at least here) are super helpful when people have issues with their gear. Always willing to help.

That run did look pretty empty when you said it. If you do make it up here, let me know and I’ll buy us a round of beers (or coke if you don’t drink)

I’ve heard of Jay Peak, I was just north of Montana at Fernie for the last 2 seasons smile

Epic shots man. Whats the difference between Canadian and Australian slopes?