The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What to take for a season in Canada?!

Hey all!!!

Will be heading to Whistler in October for my first season through TWHC and was just wondering what you all recommend to take with me! I will purchase ski gear over there asap!

Cheers!
Spencer

Welcome to Boardworld, @Groom! shaka

Where are you coming from and how long do you plan on staying in Whistler?

Who are you flying with and what’s the free luggage allocation with your airline?

What do you already have that would be useful for a season at the snow? Gear, clothing etc.

I will eventually move your thread to Mountains & Travel so if you can’t find it here, that’s where it will be. wink

I’m heading over from NZ for the entire season! Got nothing in terms of snow gear so far ? but starting to look into it all. I’ll be getting ski’s and all that over there once I arrive. Haven’t booked flights yet, but I’d say it’ll be round the 23-30kg usual limit.
Cheers!!!

Hey,

We’re heading over through WHC too!

I am so stuck on what to take!! But I’ve basically planned to get the biggest suitcase ever plus my board bag. We’re going for the full two years so packing for summer too! Just worried about space in staff housing! I think I am going to buy a new coat and extra bits over there though. My husband is also taking his bike so probs going to be costly. We’re flying with air transat and their baggage fee’s are pretty good. Just not sure how to get from Vancouver to Whistler with 5 huge bags!

Is it bad I’m taking my favourite pan too?  rolleyes  joy

Antigoelisa - 06 July 2017 09:24 PM

Yep. While I understand why you want to take it, it’s things like this that will put you over the limit and cost a ton of money. You’ll also have housemates in staff accom who may use it and probably not appreciate it like you do. Not all 19 year olds know that you don’t put a metal scourer on a nice pan…

Source: I live in staff accom and all the pans are s***

TJswish - 07 July 2017 12:21 PM
Antigoelisa - 06 July 2017 09:24 PM

Yep. While I understand why you want to take it, it’s things like this that will put you over the limit and cost a ton of money. You’ll also have housemates in staff accom who may use it and probably not appreciate it like you do. Not all 19 year olds know that you don’t put a metal scourer on a nice pan…

Source: I live in staff accom and all the pans are s***

You’re giving me anxiety lol.

I might splash out on one when I get there (along with knives) if my bag is too heavy. We want to have a bit of a break from being adults but still can’t cope with s**t kitchenware aha.

Haha yeah I’m a guy so I can get by with an average pan. Though it did get a bit destroyed when a chick decided to use a fork to stir it and left marks all over the bottom :(

TJswish - 08 July 2017 08:18 AM

Haha yeah I’m a guy so I can get by with an average pan. Though it did get a bit destroyed when a chick decided to use a fork to stir it and left marks all over the bottom :(

Oh lord ? RIP pan