The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hakuba/Nozawa Feb 2017

Hey all, going to do a mercy dash over to Hakuba/Nozawa from Feb 17-24.  Having done Whistler groomers, powder and the famous BC cement, I’m looking forward to putting the Optimistic through its final terrain test - Japow! If anybody is going to be around, hit me up and we can grab a beer(s) along with a few runs.

Cheers!

Damn!!!!! @Hughman666

I’ll be headin to Madarao on the 24th!!!!!

I’ll wave as I go through Nagano!!!!! ??

Ugh I miss japow so much, going 4 years in a row and now not going really hurts my feelings.

I guess on the brighter side I have a daughter so its a win win.

Ah shit @Mizu Kuma that really sucks - we could have smashed runs, beers and grilled meats!

@lanox shame you won’t make it but congrats on your daughter!

Guess it’s just me, the Optimistic and Suntory Highballs at this stage!

Yeah, congrats @lanox!!!!! ?

Mmmmmm, grilled meats @Hughman666!!!!! ?

lanox - 24 January 2017 01:59 PM

Ugh I miss japow so much, going 4 years in a row and now not going really hurts my feelings.

its not all doom and gloom! get her going and take her with u. I did a deal with my eldest
daughter…. when u can ski all of perisher u can come to japan. well she stepped up last year,
so next jan we off! she will be 10 and a half. I have more fun and its more rewarding riding
with her than my mates these days.good times ahead grin

brenno - 30 January 2017 07:34 PM
lanox - 24 January 2017 01:59 PM

its not all doom and gloom! get her going and take her with u. I did a deal with my eldest
daughter…. when u can ski all of perisher u can come to japan. well she stepped up last year,
so next jan we off! she will be 10 and a half. I have more fun and its more rewarding riding
with her than my mates these days.good times ahead grin

@brenno  oh 100% I can’t wait to take her with me.

Hughman666 - 22 January 2017 05:46 PM

Hey all, going to do a mercy dash over to Hakuba/Nozawa from Feb 17-24.  Having done Whistler groomers, powder and the famous BC cement, I’m looking forward to putting the Optimistic through its final terrain test - Japow! If anybody is going to be around, hit me up and we can grab a beer(s) along with a few runs.

Cheers!

I just got back from Japan. Had 5 straight days in fresh powder on my Optimistic. Then another 4 chasing fresh lines about the mountain. It was awesome. You will not be disappointed with its ability to float and carve!
I took my PYL with me too. It never hit the snow.

I’m hearing ya!  I took my Jones Mtn Twin and the Optimistic to Whistler - the Jones never left the board bag.  We had a mixture of Whistler pow days, hardpack groomers and tracked out BC cement - the Optimistic was awesome in all conditions.  I originally bought this as a pow board for the upcoming Japan trip but it really is an all-in-one.

Really excited to be getting it into the deep stuff!!!