The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Petrol Heads

A thread about all things that guzzle fuel.

Tell us about your ride, what you have owned or dream of…

Photo’s please.

Photobucket
“Adolf”
Type 3, 1968, Volkswagen
2lt electronic ignition/injection (porsche 914) WPVW build
port/polish, big valve
Micro balanced
Custom exhaust
Mild “street” cam
11:1 compression
(Twin Turbo ready)

Diary entry : 30th march
I found a piece of broken spring in the rocker cover yesterday, Wayne wanted me to come down and get it fixed before more damage was done.

I spent 8hrs there, the first 2 were spent trying to get the broken rocker spring off!! Luckily it was a double spring set up so no fatal damage was done when the inner spring failed. It did chunk up the head a little - but that was what caused the oil leak that made me take the rocker cover off. There were some other components that bent or distorted so there was a bit to do.

I got to hang out until well past beer-O’clock while they prepped for this weekends race meet.

Wayne (mechanic) even did a little remapping of the microtech system and I’m stoked - Adolf is much smoother and holds the power through the whole rev range now. Before he used to hit 3500rpm and take off like a rocket until hitting the rev limiter - now it’s in permanent rocket mode.

First rego after rebuild
Photobucket

Snow
Photobucket

Beach
Photobucket

Bug killer
Photobucket

Gearbox rebuild & different paint
Photobucket

Hoodride paint job
Photobucket

Photobucket

Fasted street registered 4cyl in Australia (Yes it’s an aircooled VW) - same engine as “Adolf”
Photobucket

Photobucket

The apprentices car
Photobucket

This was my baby until I had to sell it to dedicate all money to our wedding:

2003 Ford Falcon BA XR6

Only had 75,000km when I bought it.

Was stock standard XR6 but it was immaculate. I was devastated when I got rid of it, but it means we can get a new car next year. Thinking of a Hilux, Colorado or something similar.

I had a Falcon for a while; best thing I ever did was sell it - the value drops fast and the expense of repairs each year was retarded, not to mention the type of repairs needed (like replacing the headlight glass because the heat and light had made it go yellow - $200 per lens + labour)

But hell, XR6 great ride!! Step-dad had a XR6 ute.

Get a Hilux crew cab cool smile

Yeah that is what we are looking at. A mate has one and we love it. Plus Top Gear thrashed one and it was one tough machine!!

^ yep they really struggled to destroy that thing!!
Do you know why Top Gear used a HiLux and not a Landcruiser?

Get a Landcruiser if you can afford it wink

Mild^ vWild

Cool vv

Old photo but here’s my baby…

had a rx7(at work and dont have pics on this computer) , sold that for my current shitty work ute. After saving for Tahoe im getting a road bike. this traffic in Melbourne is killing me.

P.S. i used to live about 5 mins from Wayne Penrose’s workshop

What is your main driving route in melbourne deano?

A friend of ours use to ride a bike in Melbourne until one day he was riding up beside a car stopped at traffic lights and the driver all of a sudden opened their door, down goes our friend with a shattered knee.

This is the waverunner I want…

260 horsepower. So fast!  surprised

grin

can’t wait till next year!! get my L’s!
this would be my dream car!! lol

Last car I owned was a hot wheels sometime when I was young…looking to get a motorbike though.