The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Wrist guards

So my wife broke her wrist (not snowboarding) and gets her cast off in two weeks. She is going to start shredding straight away despite what the doctors are saying. This way she can actually get some days shredding this season.

My question is, what are the best wrist guards to get? She will only be wearing the one for her now ex broken wrist. Has anyone besides @lulu_in_canada  got any experience with this? Lu, what regime did you do when going back to shredding?

i roll flexmeter wrist guards as after numerous broken wrists from skateboarding over the years, my wrists are weak as wet spaghettik. They werent cheap but at the time i bought them (about 4 years ago) my research lead me to believe they were the bees knees in wrist protection.

Hey @Jake,

I’m not sure if these are what you’re after but we sell the Dakine wrist guards made specifically for snowboarding. Given she broke her wrist, you might want to look for something more burly. The Dakine Wrist guards are really good as a preventative measure. They are super low profile to fit under the gloves and they are very comfortable. Have a look… not sure if these are what you want, though.