The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

External battery pack charger for Nikon D7000…?

Hello again Boardworldians! I’m looking for a portable power bank that I can use to charge multiple devices (USB port mandatory) but in particular my Nikon D7000 camera. I’m heading off on a 6 day hike in a week and I need a back up power source for it.

Dick Smith has a sale on some at the moment but I have not been able to find out if they’re compatible and the staff are unable to assist.

If anyone Has used a product successfully for this purpose I’d love to know. A 2nd battery is a last resort as its alternative uses are zero.

As always, any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Ian.

How was the hike?
I know it’s too late now, but Goal Zero solar chargers are what you might be looking for. They have a range of sizes, I think the Yeti 150 would be enough to charge a camera battery. Unfortunately, they are not cheap.

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/category1665_1.htm

end user - 26 May 2016 11:02 AM

How was the hike?
I know it’s too late now, but Goal Zero solar chargers are what you might be looking for. They have a range of sizes, I think the Yeti 150 would be enough to charge a camera battery. Unfortunately, they are not cheap.

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/category1665_1.htm

Oh sweet thanks! I’ll look into it. I’m so doughy sometimes, I actually follow them on Insta.

The hike was epic!! Got some crazy good photos and the weather was great every day. Definitely plan on going back to see some more of the area.

Will you share your pics?

I have a Goal Zero battery in stock and I don’t like it very much as it is very heavy and I have repaired this battery twice already. I think there are better apps in the Chinese market. I need a very good battery for my Instagram photos.

There are many backup batteries available on the market that can be perfectly matched to your particular needs and requirements. The essay easy should make sure to read each one’s description to choose the one you like the most. Besides, when buying online, you can enjoy a wide variety of affordable prices so that people can buy them.

I’ve heard that this model is not very reliable really.

Goal Zero solar chargers are what you might be looking for youtube converter about video how charger for nikon.  Charge your Nikon D7000, D600, D610, D750, and D80 (full compatibility list below) camera battery from any USB port including every Voltaic solar charger and battery. Fast charging with up to 800mA output into camera battery.