The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

New all mountain freestyle/park board

Looking at upgrade a Burton Process 157 to an all mountain freestyle/park board. I have a Burton Barracuda for the pow. More after a board I can use here in Australia and New Zealand without having to get a specific board for groomers and one for the park. Looking at higher end gear and trying to explore other brands apart from Burton.

I guess the hardest thing is buying a board without actually being able to test ride it. I will be heading back to Japan in a few weeks and want to upgrade the Process.

I am 86kg and an intermediate rider. Use a medium Burton binding with a size 10 boot.

What do you guys suggest?

Look at something like a YES The Greats!!!!!

The perfect do all stick!!!!!

samuel - 13 January 2016 06:59 PM

Looking at upgrade a Burton Process 157 to an all mountain freestyle/park board. I have a Burton Barracuda for the pow. More after a board I can use here in Australia and New Zealand without having to get a specific board for groomers and one for the park. Looking at higher end gear and trying to explore other brands apart from Burton.

I guess the hardest thing is buying a board without actually being able to test ride it. I will be heading back to Japan in a few weeks and want to upgrade the Process.

I am 86kg and an intermediate rider. Use a medium Burton binding with a size 10 boot.

What do you guys suggest?

Welcome to Boardworld, samuel! shaka

I think the first step should be to narrow it down to the type of camber profile you think will work best for your intended use. Read this thread on camber profiles.

If you ask my personal opinion, Mizu is right on the money. It sounds like you want versatility while maintaining a high performance ride. CamRock is the perfect profile for this. I’d look at boards like the YES Greats (or Optimistic, Jackpot—all slightly different), or Jones Mountain Twin. All these boards offer the versatility of a one-board quiver, and guaranteed performance.

The YES Greats was the best board I tested in 2015, followed closely by the YES Optimistic (both have the same poplar + bamboo core). Also, YES is the only company in the world offering a lifetime warranty on all their boards.

Feel free to hit us back with any questions.

Mizu Kuma - 13 January 2016 07:09 PM

Look at something like a YES The Greats!!!!!

The perfect do all stick!!!!!

This is an excellent choice! the asymmetrical side cut can really help your heelside carves as well. The greats is a bit more of a advanced board in my opinion. if you were looking for something softer a good alternative would be a YES Basic. It has a similar camrocker profile but its a bit softer and easier to handle, it also has “underbite” a feature similar to magnatraction to help you hold an edge in hard snow conditions.

Feel free to message me with any question. Hope you get a killer new board dude!!

And welcome to Boardworld, JimmyTheFox! cheese

Quite interesting and helping material about the board suffering and that would be wise. I would like to share your contact of the website with my friends who having amazing skills in this. Thumbs up with your work on https://www.topaustralianwriters.com/essay-assignment-help-au-review/ website and hope number of people able to enjoy while having.

It’s great that there are such updates. Arrangement of parks will help in practicing any kind of sports. It’s especially important for college campuses, it helps students lead a healthy lifestyle. During exams, this may be the only joy. And though phd dissertation writing services will always help to cope with any difficulties associated with assignments. But doing sports, especially in the fresh air, is an additional motivation.