The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Japan 2006

Came across the photos of a trip to Niseko back in 2006, when we discovered Moiwa and started riding proper Powder Boards and Snow Surfing. I could not believe how good a swallow tail worked in Japan it then put me on a major experimental process of trying new Powder Boards each year to having a YES 2020 ready to go this year.
The board we road back then was an Original Sin 4807 168cm which had a boat hull in the nose then flat to the swallow.

Moiwa with O-Sin 4807 168cm

Moiwa Empty

Niseko Seikomart

Niseko Street

Niseko Corner of Main Street

Niseko Street

Awesome! shaka

Again, nice pics!!!!!

And that SNOW!!!!! ?

Here’s a few of mine!!!!! Not as dated, but you got me lookin back at some fond memories!!!!!

Nice one Mizu how good was the Ice Bar had many late nights there I don’t think it is there anymore also that restaurant looks like A-BuCha which was on the corner around from seikomart which I think has gone to. Anyway that’s progress and you have to make the most of what we had then and now. I have been riding Rusutsu for the past 8 seasons however it is going through change these days still very good can’t wait to arrive on 9th January, thinking about moving on in 2017 as lots of euro’s have discovered Rusutsu and they travel in packs especially the back country. Can’t help being greedy but they are taking some of my lines just got to hike further.

Nigel Neubauer - 17 December 2015 10:19 PM

Nice one Mizu how good was the Ice Bar had many late nights there I don’t think it is there anymore also that restaurant looks like A-BuCha which was on the corner around from seikomart which I think has gone to. Anyway that’s progress and you have to make the most of what we had then and now. I have been riding Rusutsu for the past 8 seasons however it is going through change these days still very good can’t wait to arrive on 9th January, thinking about moving on in 2017 as lots of euro’s have discovered Rusutsu and they travel in packs especially the back country. Can’t help being greedy but they are taking some of my lines just got to hike further.

Yeah, the Ice Bar was pretty Cool!!!!! Literally!!!!! LOL

A Bu Cha was the bomb!!!!! The newer 2nd version up the road was honestly a bit of a let down when I went there!!!!!

With all the development in the pipeline around Niseko, I reckon this time might be my last for that area?????

I have to get myself to Niseko one of these days. I’ve spent time in Tokyo and Hakuba, but I’ve never been to Hokkaido. Please feel free to share more photos. cheese

THE FRIDGE DOOR! fuck i miss Niseko, think I might end up finding myself back there sooner rather than later