The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Flux Rider John Jackson is King of the Backcountry

Real Snow Backcountry is an innovative video-format competition within the the shredding sphere of the Winter X-Games. Five of the biggest names in backcountry snow dropped edits chock full of footage from the last year that were pitted against each other to determine who would be crowned king and awarded X-Games Gold.

After counting the ballots, it was the duo of John Jackson and his filmer Kurt Heine who took home that No. 1 spot. They beat out Kazu Kokubo, who got Silver, and Gigi Ruf, who took the Bronze. Watch below to see how it went down between Jackson and Heine, followed by the clip that won ‘em the Gold.

I wrote this on the X-Games facebook when i saw the result.

“Apparently setting up kickers and doing tricks is backcountry riding, what a joke. Xgames really should have provided a template to the comp. Jeremys was out of place but he easily has the biggest nutsack of them all and it was the most epic line. The others just seemed like they were trying to make fun edits of regular BC days riding.”

It’s hard because X-Games never stipulated what the actual conditions for the comp were. If it was about backcountry clips then Kazu should have won in my opinion, if it was about balls of steel then Jones should have won.

Maybe i took it too seriously? haha

Link please Mr Bear.
Even if it is as badly set up as Jake says… Still feel like I should watch it.
There’s some damn good riders in there.

Andy Aitken - 29 November 2015 01:33 PM

Link please Mr Bear.
Even if it is as badly set up as Jake says… Still feel like I should watch it.
There’s some damn good riders in there.

Here ya go, mate!!!!!

http://xgames.espn.go.com/xgames/video/13885915/john-jackson-wins-real-snow-backcountry-2015-gold

Yep, there is no doubting that all the clips are epic