The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Whistler Blackcomb 2015/2016

rider26 - 08 November 2015 09:40 AM

OK, so Mongolie Grill on Wednesday night. Who’s in?

I’m in.

Johnny - 08 November 2015 10:08 AM

Hey guys I’m Johnny this is my first year in Whistler, also in staff housing at Glacier and working as a rental tech. I’ve been hearing opening day is gonna be the 14th as well, 20th at the latest.

You are only half right.

Hi I’m TJ, I’ll be up there tonight and then pissing off tomorrow. Working in fernie but coming for a visit smile

TJswish - 09 November 2015 05:40 AM

Hi I’m TJ, I’ll be up there tonight and then pissing off tomorrow. Working in fernie but coming for a visit smile

Ahh TJ, wish I saw this earlier, pretty sure I owe you a beer for all your help. Have fun in Fernie!

Opening day has been moved forward to the 19th!!

Should be pretty amazing up there by then looking at the snow in the forecast and Blackcomb is due to open a week later on the 26th so we’ll have a lot of terrain to choose from in no time at all. Also nice to see a bit of snow falling down in the valley this morning shaka

Great seeing everyone on Wednesday night at Mongolie Grill. Always a nice way to kick off the season. If you didn’t make it on Wednesday, we hope to see you next time! There will be more get togethers and countless shred days I’m sure. It was awesome meeting you, Declan. Thanks for coming out!

So…. who’s shredding on opening day? cheese

rider26 - 14 November 2015 11:25 AM

Great seeing everyone on Wednesday night at Mongolie Grill. Always a nice way to kick off the season. If you didn’t make it on Wednesday, we hope to see you next time! There will be more get togethers and countless shred days I’m sure. It was awesome meeting you, Declan. Thanks for coming out!

So…. who’s shredding on opening day? cheese

If I’m not working, I’ll probably be awake veryyyy early to line up

Hey Whistler Homies (and those I haven’t met yet),

I’m flying out tomorrow morning, so I’m looking forward to catching up with you all!
I should have the same cell number (hopefully).

Probably won’t be on BW for a little while until I get internet sorted, but give me a call or facebook etc if u want to catch up.
Or just find me on the mountain!

Can’t wait to shred with you guys this season!

Catch you soon, peace smile

Andy Aitken - 15 November 2015 05:20 PM

Or just find me on the mountain!

This use to be easy…. until you went and got a new jacket!

oh hey andy. welcome back :D

lulu_in_canada - 06 November 2015 05:19 AM

With my doges Tiger and Jade

This use to be easy…. until you went and got a new jacket!

Haha, truth. At least Andy’s 6’6”

How’s everyone’s start to the season been?

I just got back from my fourth day on the mountains. I rode out to the village a couple of days ago. It’s decent to Midstation but the cover it pretty bare right at the bottom—took a couple of nice gauges out of my rock board. I went up Blackcomb today for the opening—the snow was really nice and it was good fun! Here’s some photos from my first few days.

I hope you’re all having a blast and I look forward to riding with more of you soon! shaka

Such a great day up there today. Went in with Finney for first thing. We rode Whistler, then we rode Blackcomb, then we found Dylan, then we rode Whistler, then we rode Blackcomb. LOL Now I’m exhausted… perfect day. App tells me we rode 44km. Ride out on Blackcomb is sweet now. Solid top to bottom riding on both mountains. Until next time… cheese

Let’s hope that freezing level stays as low as possible. Looking good! shaka

Seriously wish I was heading there now - except I have 2 weeks in Margaret River over xmas first: