The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

someone reveal the mystery of the good old frontside boardslide…

i would like to have these down at the end of this season but can never seem to get on the rail right, or if i do, i can never feel comfortable while in the slide and have no style in the jib at all and end up coming off.
any suggestions or people with the same problem? i’d also like to learn to backside 180 onto a rail aswell if thers any tips for that too.
P.S im stoked theres a specific part of the website dedicated to front side board slides haha lets hope theres some helpful stuff there

The key to any boardslide is a flat base, balanced body position, and approaching the feature correctly.

Definately start on boxes.. it gives you more stability and makes it easier to learn.

You need to first determine if you want to come off the box in your normal stance, or switch. Once you know this you can better plan your body movements.

What happens when you come off the feature? Is your edge sliding out from under you? Are you coming off the side? Let me know exactly what is happening and we will be able to help you.

There will be a lot more content coming into the freestyle section. Obviously we have to build this gradually, but it’s something I am totally comitted to doing. I can give you a sneak peek of the front boardslide video.

Nev from SnowboardAddiction is a professional snowboarder and a highly qualified freestyle coach. He coaches at the best snowboard camps in Whistler. He will be a contributor to Boardworld, and you will see some of his new videos soon. I am stoked to have Nev contributing to boardworld. Anyway check out his video here:

http://www.vimeo.com/5081475

those videos are so good….exactly what i needed to step my through some tricks

cheers!

side note: any way i could purchase some stickers? would love to rep boardworld on my board/car

For sure! stickers are always free…

PM me or email your address to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) and I will send them out.

Anyone else want stickers just hit me up.

Awesome Videos! Brings back memories of my season there!

rider26 - 13 June 2009 03:26 AM

The key to any boardslide is a flat base, balanced body position, and approaching the feature correctly.

Definately start on boxes.. it gives you more stability and makes it easier to learn.

You need to first determine if you want to come off the box in your normal stance, or switch. Once you know this you can better plan your body movements.

What happens when you come off the feature? Is your edge sliding out from under you? Are you coming off the side? Let me know exactly what is happening and we will be able to help you.

There will be a lot more content coming into the freestyle section. Obviously we have to build this gradually, but it’s something I am totally comitted to doing. I can give you a sneak peek of the front boardslide video.

Nev from SnowboardAddiction is a professional snowboarder and a highly qualified freestyle coach. He coaches at the best snowboard camps in Whistler. He will be a contributor to Boardworld, and you will see some of his new videos soon. I am stoked to have Nev contributing to boardworld. Anyway check out his video here:

http://www.vimeo.com/5081475

man those videos are sick and so well done. if this is a taste of things to come…this site will rock!

Those videos should come with a warning, if you can’t go shredding the next day you really shouldn’t watch them!  I so want to go out and try some front boards on downrails, he makes them look so stylee!!!! But sadly i’m in england right now :(

hah yeah its so hard to watch those videos without wanting to shred straight away!
they are really helpful though, only a month till i can hit the slopes

That was a really good video to explain it. haha i think i might steal some of that explanation.

lulu - 19 June 2009 01:12 AM

That was a really good video to explain it. haha i think i might steal some of that explanation.

i bought the program from snowboard addiction…gotta say IT ROCKS!!!!
i’ve been learning heaps of stuff…thanks Nev.
will do a better review asap (ie once i get on snow and try some of it for real.)

Hey guys, this is Nev from Snowboard Addiction. Thanks for the awesome comments on this thread. I’m in the process of putting a couple more videos together for Boardworld that should be up in the next week or 2. The Camp of Champions starts up here in Whistler tomorrow so looking forward to some shredding. Enjoy winter down there in Aussie
Nev, http://www.SnowboardAddiction.com