The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Crowdfunding Thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo etc.)

The crowdfunding thread

These days, there’s so many great ideas out there, and thanks to crowdfunding many of them are becoming a reality. Personally, I love seeing so many innovative ideas coming to life that probably wouldn’t see the light of day through traditional funding methods.

Please use this thread to share crowdfunding campaigns of personal interest, or even share your own if you’re heading down that path.

Get involved with this thread and bring to light any crowdfunding campaign worth sharing!

Introducing the solidLUUV

I’ll kick it off with a product of personal interest. I’ve been looking into smaller, simpler gimbals and stabilisers for smaller camera equipment, for example GoPros or phones. I enjoy filming on the mountain but too often it’s almost impossible to get the shake out of the videos, no matter how still you try to keep your hand/arm.

So, I introduce the solidLUUV — an all-in-one camera stabiliser for cameras under 500g in weight. The company is in Germany but they are shipping worldwide. It looks like a really great product to me and one I’d love to use for filming.

^ Damn, this design looks good… reminds me of the steady wheel I got about 2 years back which is quite similar and packable (which is why I got it, but I haven’t had the chance to use it! lol.) The cost is up there, but I think definitely good for any budding filmmaker.

I want one so badly. I think it would be great to work with.

Looks awesome but I don’t film enough to make $150+ AUD worth it.

I’m waiting on a few games that I crowd funded but never paid more than $20 so it felt worth it and I recently got Exploding Kittens which was ok but the game isn’t as fun as it sounded when I backed it.

The card art is sick though smile